Chris hooper....(well his trailer at least)

Hi I’ve just bought The long haul pioneers and thought it wouldve had a fair bit in it about chris hooper and his transcon.

So what does cat69 mean then!!!
Cheers harryvr6.

harryvr6:
Hi I’ve just bought The long haul pioneers and thought it wouldve had a fair bit in it about chris hooper and his transcon.

Cheers harryvr6.

Chris & Tina 69

Dave.

Chris Hoopers last truck was the Blue & White Scania I think last seen in Tuxfords yard heading off to Afghanistan or some such like. He must have had more comebacks than a boxer. :stuck_out_tongue:

I often used to pop in to his workshop for a brew when he was in A T Stevens / Hardisty Grays yard

harryvr6:

Cheers harryvr6.

Harry,you are being coy now!!

Hi, i see, soixante neuf you say? So not a fleet number as such then!

is chris still doin m/e run

coming off the boat friday, i was behind an astran trailer which i believe used to be chris hoopers, as it had cat 69 trailer number plates, but it was being pulled by a very tarty dutch registered scania (which didnt look like it had just come back from the middle east)
does anyone know if chris sold his trailer or whos unit was on the front?? (i believe he has or did have a super space cab last i heard)

Hi Hooperman has a ssc daf with a ■■■■■■■ in it…hes running from italy to Doha etc for astrans who is now owned by a well known kent haulier…as for his low loader…he sold that a few years ago when he wanted to give up the trucking game…dont know who he sold it too though…

hi yeah i knew he had a daf, but this was a tilt which was definatly his not a low loader, i got some crap pics on my phone i will see if i can upload them when i get home

About time you got up and out of South Mimms driver!!
I should think your tyres have gone flat sitting there :wink: :wink:

kindle530:
About time you got up and out of South Mimms driver!!
I should think your tyres have gone flat sitting there :wink: :wink:

im out now mate having a relaxing couple of days at home, man i felt like i should of had polish plates sitting in there that long!!!

This is what happens when you sell your truck to a local. :frowning:

I found this in Bahrain when i was there earlier this year.

TAKE it to Truck Aline, no problems

as long as you can pay the bill at the

end.

Hooperman posted one of these pics and the story in the Trucking mag a couple of months ago,and it advertises an article by Chris next month.
Chris and I worked together for Expo Freight in the early '80’s.We’ve recently corresponded through letters we’ve both had published in Trucking.

Best booties
PM me I would love to get in touch with Hooperman, we go back a really long way, to the days when he used to pull out of Wapping E1 and he stole Tina from a well known East End face…He will know who I am, just tell him my TN name GS OVERLAND…I was at his wedding and we have both pulled for the same firms over the years.

Bestbooties again
I used to drive an old Expo freight 111, WOO 704S, for Jimmy Hassan, pulling for Roy Bradford in the early eighties. Mostly Istanbul and Ankara, when Whittle were doing the pipe job to Ankara.
I bet you dont know what CAT 69 means!!

GS OVERLAND:
Bestbooties again
I used to drive an old Expo freight 111, WOO 704S, for Jimmy Hassan, pulling for Roy Bradford in the early eighties. Mostly Istanbul and Ankara, when Whittle were doing the pipe job to Ankara.
I bet you dont know what CAT 69 means!!

Small world aint it?WOO 704S used to be driven by a young Brum lad named Jimbo Coton.I was talking to him only a few months ago on the net ,he’s now a truck salesman for MAN in Brum. I started off for Expo Freight with YHJ 10 S,then got promoted to BVX 990X one of the pair of Scania 142’s,Gordon McMillan had the other one.
I feel I must know you also from somewhere.

Hi again
Bestbooties
I will soon have some pics on TN and I will put one of WOO 704S.
Amongst others.
GS OVERLAND

bestbooties:
Gordon McMillan had the other one

mate of mine saw Gordon about a year back on P&O, we were both at Croomes with him early 90s - still as certifiable as ever - if not more so apparently :unamused: :laughing:

jj72:

bestbooties:
Gordon McMillan had the other one

mate of mine saw Gordon about a year back on P&O, we were both at Croomes with him early 90s - still as certifiable as ever - if not more so apparently :unamused: :laughing:

My God,is he still alive then?He was no Spring chicken when we worked for Expo in the '80’s.
I liked Gordon,always a smile and a roll up,never wound up.