Chris Hooper ( Hooperman)

Dear all
I went on Photobucket to register, and while I was there, I searched my old mate Chris Hooper, and to my horror I found four pics of his 143 smahed up on his trailer, I lost touch with him soon after I came off the road, but I know that he was still pulling for Astran.
Anyone out there know what happened to Hooperman.
GS OVERLAND

some of the guy’s in this thread will know

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20516

or you could try a PM to Truckyboy

I understand that in next months Trucking magazine they are doing a feature on him on his Middle East runs, should be interesting.

Hooperman posted one of these pics and the story in the Trucking mag a couple of months ago,and it advertises an article by Chris next month.
Chris and I worked together for Expo Freight in the early '80’s.We’ve recently corresponded through letters we’ve both had published in Trucking.

Thanks Guys
I will try and get a copy, I will be back in the UK in a couple of weeks for about ten days. Dont tell the ministry…
It would be nice if I could link up with him. He must be nearly retired by now.
Oi Chris are you still on the road■■? Where are you.
Do you know about computers.■■
have you still got the elastic band and paper clip in your tacho…One trip we were on our way down in Yugo, on the Belgrade - Nis motorway and a copper stepped out in the road to pull us over. We were going so fast and the copper was waving his lollie pop to get us to stop. When he realised that we were’nt going to stop for him he threw the Lollie pop at Chris’s TransCon windscreen and put a big crack in it.
Needless to say, we kept on going…