Channel 4 News Tonight

Not sure if this maybe should be in the “Election” Forum.

I think i heard right … was busy cooking in the kitchen, with the TV on in the other room … Channel 4 News were interviewing Gordon Brown Re. the manifesto … did i hear him say that those on “benefits”, after a set period, would in future be offered work (sounded as it i MIGHT be ANY job) and they would have to take the job, OR … their benefits would be stopped ■■
Can’t see that being popular with the Labour voting unemployed / scroungers ? :laughing:

Also seemed to be a lot of “back peddling/ waffling” when questioned about British jobs for British workers … and only 1m EU migrants working in the UK :exclamation: :confused:

Hi Mate
I think this is for under 25’s only,I am pretty sure someone will confirm that very shortly

About time the bludgers got sent to work…

he be gone in a few weeks hopefully :slight_smile:

The Rustler , not all those on benefits are scroungers my mate has been unemployed due to being made REDUNDANT he has never been on benefits in his life but due to the economic climate the decision was made for him. Perhaps you should put your brain in gear before you make comments like that. Probaly been driving 5 minutes and knows it all.

The Rustler:

I think i heard right … was busy cooking in the kitchen, with the TV on in the other room … Channel 4 News were interviewing Gordon Brown Re. the manifesto … did i hear him say that those on “benefits”, after a set period, would in future be offered work (sounded as it i MIGHT be ANY job) and they would have to take the job, OR … their benefits would be stopped ■■
Can’t see that being popular with the Labour voting unemployed / scroungers ? :laughing:

Or with laid-off truck drivers expected to mop toilets.

Oh go on then … i’ll get one in before the others… National Service… that will solve unemployment.

Trench Dug!! Tin hat ON !!! Head Down!!! :laughing:

Alan…:
Oh go on then … i’ll get one in before the others… National Service… that will solve unemployment.

Trench Dug!! Tin hat ON !!! Head Down!!! :laughing:

Can’t get a job so it’s cannon fodder or nothing.Seen it been there in the 1970’s and 1980’s and there’s plenty of them who were given that choice and were in their graves before they were 20.Nothing new there.

Harry Monk:

The Rustler:

Or with laid-off truck drivers expected to mop toilets.

British truck drivers expected to mop toilets or join up while foreign ones or train drivers do all the work.

Well that is 1 thing I will agree with Gordon Brown on if it actually happens. I myself am currently on benefits and have been for 8 months while doing a course to get my class 2 which is taking so long because I have managed to get funding for and have a ■■■■ load of hoops to jump through to get but as I have been waiting for my funding to do the driving side of it I am beginning to think it wont come and have got an interview next Monday (just thought i would out that in to stop the abuse) anyway back to the point.

Some not all the people I see when having to sign on need to be told they have to accept this job or no money because they seam more than happy to sit on there arse and get benefits for life and it disgusts me. You really have to hear some of the excuses that are made why they wouldn’t do that job they should be written in a book you really wouldn’t believe it.

I have found it really hard on the dole and I will never let myself get into this situation again. I would rather clean a toilet than be on the dole and that is why I am now applying for any job I can get and if my funding does come through then I will be over the moon if it doesn’t then I will be saving hard to get it.

i would rather do any work than claim benefits i have never been unemployed but have been made redundant and yes truck drivers could handle a mop to do the toilets but i think its all down to self respect. anyone who cannot or will not find a job in 6 months wants kicking off benefits.

i feel sorry for people who have been made redundant and people who lose their job for whatever reason. having said that 6 months is plenty of time to find a job and after that they should take whatever they are given. i have been made redundant myself about a year ago but have done agency work, and been kept busy even tho i dont have 10 or 20 years experience. most of that has been all the handball crap that the “real” drivers wont do. and now i find i have another permanent job. im not saying its easy and im not saying ive not been lucky as well because i have. i am saying that if 6 months have passed and you are still not working maybe its time to get the mop out and clean the toilets.

Easy, forget work be a bounty hunter no experience, driving licence or qualifications required.

I picked up the Express and reading it now while getting tipped, it says £500 per head reward for catching Benny Fitcheats the notorious outlaw and his gang.
Fareham and Barnsley councils have been given money to handout as a test, but Fareham is only offering £200 per head . :frowning:
‘’ Critics say this is communist style snooping and may even lead to vindictive neighbours putting in spurious claims’.
Surely not,
Doesn’t say if the £500 is taxable or whether it affects your benefits either. :smiley: :smiley:

motionlotion:
The Rustler , not all those on benefits are scroungers my mate has been unemployed due to being made REDUNDANT he has never been on benefits in his life but due to the economic climate the decision was made for him. Perhaps you should put your brain in gear before you make comments like that. Probaly been driving 5 minutes and knows it all.

I DIDN’T say that i either agreed OR supported this idea … so get down off your high-horse … i was asking if i had heard correct. The point i was trying i was trying to make was that this is the first i have heard of this, and didn’t think it would be too popular.
I myself have never been unemployed for more than a few weeks on a couple of occasions … and at one time when i couldn’t find a driving job, i worked night shift on a factory packing line … used to do 7 NIGHTS a week to make ends meet. Being single it is hardly worth claiming. I sympathise with those that have a family and are “economically” wealthier on benefits.

BTW. I have been driving longer than 5 minutes … 31 YEARS in May :sunglasses:

Big Brummie Macca:
Well that is 1 thing I will agree with Gordon Brown on if it actually happens. I myself am currently on benefits and have been for 8 months while doing a course to get my class 2 which is taking so long because I have managed to get funding for and have a [zb] load of hoops to jump through to get but as I have been waiting for my funding to do the driving side of it I am beginning to think it wont come and have got an interview next Monday (just thought i would out that in to stop the abuse) anyway back to the point.

Some not all the people I see when having to sign on need to be told they have to accept this job or no money because they seam more than happy to sit on there arse and get benefits for life and it disgusts me. You really have to hear some of the excuses that are made why they wouldn’t do that job they should be written in a book you really wouldn’t believe it.

I have found it really hard on the dole and I will never let myself get into this situation again. I would rather clean a toilet than be on the dole and that is why I am now applying for any job I can get and if my funding does come through then I will be over the moon if it doesn’t then I will be saving hard to get it.

Or to put it another way the system fails those who’ve paid their taxes and who’ve given their lives to the industry and then been thrown on the scrap heap so foreign operators can do their work instead and then clean toilets to keep paying taxes for free training of new drivers who won’t be able to find enough work because the Poles are doing it all.But realistically it won’t do anything to help a new driver’s,or a laid off one’s,chances to get a job driving a truck when you tell them at the interview that the only recent experience you’ve got is cleaning toilets or working in a burger restaurant.As it stands the dole is a pointless benefit which takes more of your money while you’re in the trade that you want to do and then when you’re out for reasons beyond your control at best it’s not enough and at worst it’s withdrawn for unfair reasons.It’s far better to scrap the whole scheme and get a private scheme which covers you for your own trade that’s assuming that you can find a job in the first place in it.

Big Brummie Macca:
Well that is 1 thing I will agree with Gordon Brown on if it actually happens. I myself am currently on benefits and have been for 8 months while doing a course to get my class 2 which is taking so long because I have managed to get funding for and have a [zb] load of hoops to jump through to get but as I have been waiting for my funding to do the driving side of it I am beginning to think it wont come and have got an interview next Monday (just thought i would out that in to stop the abuse) anyway back to the point.

good look getting the funding m8 i was on the dole 5 months and asked for help with a CV and im still waiting for help with it…