Love the posters

I think those posters that the Tories have put up around the country are absolutely spot on.

I notice that the sweaty sock’s lot have yet to respond despite that fact they’ve used taxpayers cash to start their election trail contrary to the rules, but when did rules apply to Labour mp’s?

I hope and pray that this lot lose their jobs at the election, and before anyone says that they are all as bad as each other, no-one could be as bad as this lot.

USE YOUR VOTE THIS ELECTION.

Ken.

3 million unemployed, wages as low as £2.00 ph, no ship building in the north east, no coal mines, sold our gas, water, electricty, railways, oil industry (BP) for peanuts all making billions of profits for there banker pals. I could go on. We might be bad off now but think back 18 years ago we were worse of. All those industries used trucks to supply them and move there products. Please see sence and dont vote for the tory’s or we all end back in victorian times when we have to bend down and take it from the upper class

The posters reported on the front of Jan’s UK Column are spot on

Quigg:
3 million unemployed, wages as low as £2.00 ph, no ship building in the north east, no coal mines, sold our gas, water, electricty, railways, oil industry (BP) for peanuts all making billions of profits for there banker pals. I could go on. We might be bad off now but think back 18 years ago we were worse of. All those industries used trucks to supply them and move there products. Please see sence and dont vote for the tory’s or we all end back in victorian times when we have to bend down and take it from the upper class

labours biggest failing as been they never undid any of the anti union legislation brought in by the tories they choose to spend the first parliament forcing though a hunting ban.
neither have they done anything to improve manufacturing in this country. they have spent the last 11 years buying public sector jobs on the countries credit card which will take years to pay off. this recession was labour made and inevitable.

If voting really worked, they wouldn’t let you do it.

Mr B:

Quigg:

labours biggest failing as been they never undid any of the anti union legislation brought in by the tories they choose to spend the first parliament forcing though a hunting ban.
neither have they done anything to improve manufacturing in this country. they have spent the last 11 years buying public sector jobs on the countries credit card which will take years to pay off. this recession was labour made and inevitable.

You have it spot on mate.Labour has done nothing to rectify the blunders of the tories and they have had 13yrs to do it.They have poured money into the nhs but weres it gone not to the patients no its gone to bolster fatcat wages for the hoard of managers and their assistants.I shall not be voting for them or the tories because from were im sitting they are all p…ing in the same pot.
regards dave.

dafdave:

Mr B:

Quigg:

You have it spot on mate.Labour has done nothing to rectify the blunders of the tories and they have had 13yrs to do it.They have poured money into the nhs but weres it gone not to the patients no its gone to bolster fatcat wages for the hoard of managers and their assistants.I shall not be voting for them or the tories because from were im sitting they are all p…ing in the same pot.
regards dave.

Labour did not cause the recession. The recession was caused by the American Prime market that is when banks buy up bad debt from one another and it came about because some could not get payments from the debtors thus causing them to go to the wall and a domino effect followed. If labour did not step in and saved our banks all your 1st savings would have gone. 2nd all the overdrafts that you had would have disappeared (i know some did) and a lot more trucking companies as well as others in the UK. Look at Iceland just to name one its bankrupt. I could go on but I’ll leave that point there.

As for not undoing any of the anti union legistation it did some but we dont want the likes of scargill to run the country do we.

for the NHS look around at the number of NEW hospitals they built and health centres as well as schools. how many were built under the tory’s

Quigg:

dafdave:

Mr B:

Quigg:

regards dave.

Labour did not cause the recession. The recession was caused by the American Prime market that is when banks buy up bad debt from one another and it came about because some could not get payments from the debtors thus causing them to go to the wall and a domino effect followed. If labour did not step in and saved our banks all your 1st savings would have gone. 2nd all the overdrafts that you had would have disappeared (i know some did) and a lot more trucking companies as well as others in the UK. Look at Iceland just to name one its bankrupt. I could go on but I’ll leave that point there.

As for not undoing any of the anti union legistation it did some but we dont want the likes of scargill to run the country do we.

for the NHS look around at the number of NEW hospitals they built and health centres as well as schools. how many were built under the tory’s

What about imigration the Lisbon treaty without a vote Gordon Brown Prime minister without a single vote for him. Labour have had to build new hospitals etc as the population has grown so quickly due to the Lisbon treaty and let any one into the country and I am not racist not got a problem with anyone trying to better themselves come over here and WORK but all this political correctness that labour has brought in is wrong British jobs British people then look else where if the lazy ones dont want the work. The benefit society that we live in is ruining this country aswell this is all tied into the imigration problem aswell they come here for an easy ride. It was not labour that helped the recession it was the tax payers something that any goverment could of done used tax payers money but a good goverment would of been watching how the banks were conducting there business more closely after all the goverment is ment to act on our behalf and as it is our money in the banks I think they should be regulated strongly. This is just my opinion I am now political expert and I am too young to really know what the tories were like before as im only 23 and I dont really know who to vote for but whoever gets in needs to toughen this country up dont really know if any of them have the balls to do it as there are just too may do gooders.

If I may, I’ll try and answer your questions one at a time,

Big Brummie Macca:
What about imigration the Lisbon treaty without a vote Gordon Brown Prime minister without a single vote for him.

What has Britain’s immigration (I assume you mean illegal immigration, as oppose to legal)got to do with the Lisbon treaty? Apart from anything else, by far the majority of immigrants coming to the UK come from Countries we’ve had a long association with, usually through the British Empire (lets not forget that the Indian Army alone, during the second world war had roughly two and a half million men under arms). Mr Brown is by no means the first PM to be in office without an election being called, he shares this infamy with among others Winston Churchill.

Labour have had to build new hospitals etc as the population has grown so quickly due to the Lisbon treaty

Errrr, “due to the Lisbon treaty”? Do you know what the Lisbon treaty is? If you do you probably know more than the majority of MP’s. Labour had to build new hospital and schools due to years of neglect by the Conservatives. (Whilst I’m totally against PFI, these needed to be built)

and let any one into the country

Stick to facts, that is an opinion and a blatantly untrue one at that.

I am not racist

Never say this, even if you aren’t, you sound like Nick Griffin.

not got a problem with anyone trying to better themselves come over here and WORK

The majority of people who come here to claim asylum are not allowed to work until their case has been heard, this can take years and in recent years asylum seekers include everything from nurses, teachers and doctors to physicists. (Albert Einstein, being a Jew, was an asylum seeker in the 1930’s)

but all this political correctness that labour has brought in is wrong

Not just Labour, although they are guilty of introducing non-elected quangos in the 70’s.

British jobs British people

Who do you class as British?

The benefit society that we live in is ruining this country aswell

The benefit system is by no means perfect but would you rather see people begging on the streets, like in Italy?

this is all tied into the imigration problem aswell they come here for an easy ride.

Easy ride, have you actually spoken to someone who has left their home land to come and try to make a go of it here? It’s far from easy. Admittedly you’ll always get a few bad eggs, just see the red writing below.

It was not labour that helped the recession it was the tax payers something that any goverment could of done used tax payers money but a good goverment would of been watching how the banks were conducting there business more closely after all the goverment is ment to act on our behalf and as it is our money in the banks

You pay taxes for the benefit of all within a fair and just society. The government then decides how best to utilise those monies raised. In this instance, most financial experts agree that they did the only and right thing at the time.

I think they should be regulated strongly.

You’ll get no argument from me there, but are you prepared to pay more taxes to pay for the bureaucrats to do this?

This is just my opinion I am now political expert and I am too young to really know what the tories were like before

They were bloody awful, Thatcher the milk thief did irreparable damage the the economies of the north of england, the midlands, Scotland and Wales and preyed upon peoples greed(pay less tax), hopes and ambitions (selling off social housing stock). Labour at that time were unelectable to the majority of the populace due to being hand in glove with unions who nearly bankrupt UK PLC during the 70’s and at the height of the cold war having a nuclear disarmament policy.

im only 23 and I dont really know who to vote for but whoever gets in needs to toughen this country up dont really know if any of them have the balls to do it as there are just too may do gooders.

Trust me, the tories will plop on the working man from a great height if they gain office. Thankfully that doesn’t look likely (given the mistakes that this government have made since '97, Iraq etc, if people did feel strongly, the polls wouldn’t have that puppet Cameron on just a 7 point lead). In all likelihood, if things stay as they are we’re going to have a hung government, with all the problems that that will entail. “Do-gooders” are inherent within modern society, and even if sometimes their efforts are misplaced, I’d rather have them than return to the dark ages.

“Ignarus est haud vallo”

Also, yesterday, in an interview on GMTV, David Cameron stated that we’re coming out of recession. Exempli gratia; Labour is taking the Country out of recession.

Quinny:
I notice that the Gordon Brown’s lot have yet to respond despite that fact they’ve used taxpayers cash to start their election trail contrary to the rules, but when did rules apply to Labour mp’s?

Sorry I missed this serious allegation of electoral irregularities, maybe you should call Scotland yard and make an official complaint.

I hope and pray that this lot lose their jobs at the election, and before anyone says that they are all as bad as each other, no-one could be as bad as this lot.

Heh heh heh, short memories, do you suffer from Alzheimer’s?

USE YOUR VOTE THIS ELECTION.

And every election, otherwise you have absolutely no right to moan about who is in power.

PS. Sweaty Sock is an abusive term, and speaking as a Scotsman, if you called me that to my face, I’d break yours.

reading all the posts on this topics, can anyone tell me when was the last time any of you benefited from anything any MP did for you ,coz all i seem to do is pay out more ,one way or the other, we are being shafted to pay for the rich and the non brits,it stinks and its about time something or someone did something about it!!!

I can’t believe that anyone would vote Labour again after the mess they’ve got us in. And don’t give me this BS that it was all America’s fault because it very obviously was not. :unamused: I grant you that Cameron is not the solution to the country’s problems (and certainly not wet-behind-the-ears Osbourne) but there are other parties… Cable seems to have reasonable grasp on the scale of the problems but the rest of that party are a load of nobody’s and I’m very against the pro-EU stance of the LibDems. Also, it’s all very good Cable telling us how it is and what he’d do to fix it all, but then he would wouldn’t he - he is very unlikely to get in so it doesn’t matter what soundbites he trotts out. The Green’s would have cars banned and us all walking/cycling everywhere while being clueless on how to fix the economy and the BNP would possibly sort out some of the immigration problems but like the Green’s, would also be clueless on how to fix the economy. At the end of the day they are all lying [zb] thieves that only want in to line their own pockets and get their snouts in the trough.

I was very tempted to vote Tory - not because I want them in, but to keep Labour out. However, there’s an evil part of me that secretly wants Labour to win so that they have to clear up the huge mess that they have created. They will of course completely fail at it (just like they’ve failed at everything else over the past 13 years) but I reckon the state the country would be in at the end of another term of Labour would probably finish the party for good in terms of voter support.

Scotchbaz:
If I may, I’ll try and answer your questions one at a time,

Big Brummie Macca:
What about imigration the Lisbon treaty without a vote Gordon Brown Prime minister without a single vote for him.

What has Britain’s immigration (I assume you mean illegal immigration, as oppose to legal)got to do with the Lisbon treaty? Apart from anything else, by far the majority of immigrants coming to the UK come from Countries we’ve had a long association with, usually through the British Empire (lets not forget that the Indian Army alone, during the second world war had roughly two and a half million men under arms). Mr Brown is by no means the first PM to be in office without an election being called, he shares this infamy with among others Winston Churchill.

Labour have had to build new hospitals etc as the population has grown so quickly due to the Lisbon treaty

Errrr, “due to the Lisbon treaty”? Do you know what the Lisbon treaty is? If you do you probably know more than the majority of MP’s. Labour had to build new hospital and schools due to years of neglect by the Conservatives. (Whilst I’m totally against PFI, these needed to be built)

and let any one into the country

Stick to facts, that is an opinion and a blatantly untrue one at that.

I am not racist

Never say this, even if you aren’t, you sound like Nick Griffin.

not got a problem with anyone trying to better themselves come over here and WORK

The majority of people who come here to claim asylum are not allowed to work until their case has been heard, this can take years and in recent years asylum seekers include everything from nurses, teachers and doctors to physicists. (Albert Einstein, being a Jew, was an asylum seeker in the 1930’s)

but all this political correctness that labour has brought in is wrong

Not just Labour, although they are guilty of introducing non-elected quangos in the 70’s.

British jobs British people

Who do you class as British?

The benefit society that we live in is ruining this country aswell

The benefit system is by no means perfect but would you rather see people begging on the streets, like in Italy?

this is all tied into the imigration problem aswell they come here for an easy ride.

Easy ride, have you actually spoken to someone who has left their home land to come and try to make a go of it here? It’s far from easy. Admittedly you’ll always get a few bad eggs, just see the red writing below.

It was not labour that helped the recession it was the tax payers something that any goverment could of done used tax payers money but a good goverment would of been watching how the banks were conducting there business more closely after all the goverment is ment to act on our behalf and as it is our money in the banks

You pay taxes for the benefit of all within a fair and just society. The government then decides how best to utilise those monies raised. In this instance, most financial experts agree that they did the only and right thing at the time.

I think they should be regulated strongly.

You’ll get no argument from me there, but are you prepared to pay more taxes to pay for the bureaucrats to do this?

This is just my opinion I am now political expert and I am too young to really know what the tories were like before

They were bloody awful, Thatcher the milk thief did irreparable damage the the economies of the north of england, the midlands, Scotland and Wales and preyed upon peoples greed(pay less tax), hopes and ambitions (selling off social housing stock). Labour at that time were unelectable to the majority of the populace due to being hand in glove with unions who nearly bankrupt UK PLC during the 70’s and at the height of the cold war having a nuclear disarmament policy.

im only 23 and I dont really know who to vote for but whoever gets in needs to toughen this country up dont really know if any of them have the balls to do it as there are just too may do gooders.

Trust me, the tories will plop on the working man from a great height if they gain office. Thankfully that doesn’t look likely (given the mistakes that this government have made since '97, Iraq etc, if people did feel strongly, the polls wouldn’t have that puppet Cameron on just a 7 point lead). In all likelihood, if things stay as they are we’re going to have a hung government, with all the problems that that will entail. “Do-gooders” are inherent within modern society, and even if sometimes their efforts are misplaced, I’d rather have them than return to the dark ages.

“Ignarus est haud vallo”

Well apoligies if I am wrong but didnt the lisbon treaty mean anyone living in the EU can come and live in any country and if I am wrong I will happily admit but as said in my post this is my opinion and if you are going to insult me atleast do so in English the language of our country. As for the racist my son is mixed race so I am most certainly not a racist and would never waste the paper voting BNP, I do not pretend to be a expert on politics but in the area that I live it is plain to see where failures have been made by labour with immigration, asylum seekers, crime the young lads roaming the street at all hours which is mainly the parents fault but I am a firm believer in give the youth somewhere to go and do and maybe we wouldnt have so much trouble and if we do give the police and the courts the power to dish out sentances that will deter these yobs from creating trouble. Iraq was not a mistake nor afgainistan yeah maybe we got lied to but at the end of the day we are fighting terroists that killed many many innocent people and our brave lads deserve every reward for what they are doing over there no matter how long it takes we cannot pull out and let those murdering extremist win. The benifits system i am not saying that there shouldnt be one I believe there should be help for parents but it is very very annoying when you live next to someone that does not work neither his wife has 4 kids and sits around smoking weed allday and you go out to work, work hard long hours for a decent wage when there are lay abouts like that getting more than for sitting on there arse so I think the benifit system needs to be looked at.
KNOW IT ALL ■■■■■■

Rob K:
I can’t believe that anyone would vote Labour again after the mess they’ve got us in.

Yes Labour made mistakes “to err is human” But is the Tory’s

And don’t give me this BS that it was all America’s fault because it very obviously was not. :unamused:

It was the American banks greed not the American People and if you listened to the tory’s we would have be the 53rd state god help us if that ever happens.

I grant you that Cameron is not the solution to the country’s problems (and certainly not wet-behind-the-ears Osbourne)

To true

but there are other parties… Cable seems to have reasonable grasp on the scale of the problems but the rest of that party are a load of nobody’s and I’m very against the pro-EU stance of the LibDems. Also, it’s all very good Cable telling us how it is and what he’d do to fix it all, but then he would wouldn’t he - he is very unlikely to get in so it doesn’t matter what soundbites he trotts out. The Green’s would have cars banned and us all walking/cycling everywhere while being clueless on how to fix the economy

True but remember that most of our exports apart from the money markets go to europe

the BNP would possibly sort out some of the immigration problems but like the Green’s, would also be else over the past 13 years)
clueless on how to fix the economy.

How by setting up fortress britain then we would have there version of brown shirts and finally our own Adolf

At the end of the day they are all lying [zb] thieves that only want in to line their own pockets and get their snouts in the trough.

Not every MP was as you put it got their snouts in the trough. They are mostly good people who do a thankless job. “Be dammed if you do and be dammed if you dont”
I was very tempted to vote Tory - not because I want them in, but to keep Labour out.

What a great reason for voting tory’s, Like the little boy with the ball it my ball and if you dont pass it to me then i’m taking it home with me

However, there’s an evil part of me that secretly wants Labour to win so that they have to clear up the huge mess that they have created. They will of course completely fail at it (just like they’ve failed at everything)

Please dont with views like yours you should vote for the Monster Raving Lunitic Party

but I reckon the state the country would be in at the end of another term of Labour would probably finish the party for good in terms of voter support.

It would be a lot better of

Scotchbaz:
If voting really worked, they wouldn’t let you do it.

There endeth the argument…But

Neu Liabour have sent over 250,000 leaflets to past and present cancer sufferers in effect saying that under tory plans they could have died.

Interestingly, the woman pictured on the leaflets says she thought her photo and quote were taken to be used internally in NHS magazine, not on UK wide partisan mailshot.

Can Broon go any lower? And how can 32% of the country still want this guy?

A few of my thoughts on this subject.

As said above, if voting actually meant anything, do you honestly think they would leave such an important issue to us lot?

Do you think the PM actually runs the country, or is he the front-man for unelected but far more powerful people behind the screens?

Does the vote that is cast ever get counted?

Why is the UK so hooked on party politics. Why can’t we just vote for a local bloke who actually does give a ■■■■ about the town he will represent instead of someone brought in who will then vote with his party and stuff the people he represents?

Do we need so many MP’s?

Whoever gets in will blame their predicessors for all the present problems and then the rest of the world will get the blame for all their ■■■■-ups. How about this, if you can’t fix it, don’t take the job on!

If not voting takes away your right to moan, how do you vote but not back all the policies of the person you vote for? I agree with some bits from one lot, some bits from another, but every vote for a certain party is taken as 100% agreement with everything they have lied about doing and 100% backing for doing the things we never knew they intended to do.

And finally, if you don’t think immigration is a massive problem, you are dreaming. In our little community schools are having to employ more interpretors than classroom assisitants, every bit of paper that comes from the local council is printed in more languages every week. It is a finacial burden that is becoming intolerable. Their is only so many slices you can cut a cake into

DoYouMeanMe?:
A few of my thoughts on this subject.

As said above, if voting actually meant anything, do you honestly think they would leave such an important issue to us lot?

Do you think the PM actually runs the country, or is he the front-man for unelected but far more powerful people behind the screens?

Does the vote that is cast ever get counted?

Why is the UK so hooked on party politics. Why can’t we just vote for a local bloke who actually does give a ■■■■ about the town he will represent instead of someone brought in who will then vote with his party and stuff the people he represents?

Do we need so many MP’s?

Whoever gets in will blame their predicessors for all the present problems and then the rest of the world will get the blame for all their ■■■■-ups. How about this, if you can’t fix it, don’t take the job on!

If not voting takes away your right to moan, how do you vote but not back all the policies of the person you vote for? I agree with some bits from one lot, some bits from another, but every vote for a certain party is taken as 100% agreement with everything they have lied about doing and 100% backing for doing the things we never knew they intended to do.

And finally, if you don’t think immigration is a massive problem, you are dreaming. In our little community schools are having to employ more interpretors than classroom assisitants, every bit of paper that comes from the local council is printed in more languages every week. It is a finacial burden that is becoming intolerable. Their is only so many slices you can cut a cake into

It is up to us to pick who we think would best represent us in the house of commons. As for the prime minister he is selscted according to each partys rules and he then leads up the goverment. As for if he is in charge for domistic policy I would say yes but the big finanical and large conglomanates they are becomming more and more powerful reverting to clandestine blackmail on all goverments of the world with attudes like if you dont give us this then we will close down our factories. so the prime minister is not as powerful as he/she was once

Immigration is a problem and the reason they come to britian is that the likes of france and other european countries pass them along instead of detaining them in there country Read the Geneva convention, It states that a refugee must apply for asslum in the first country that they set foot in. Some of these refugees that are here in Britain must be great swimmer.

DoYouMeanMe? - In answer to your major point, who actually runs the country, - politicians have always been no more than a figure head, Policy is drawn up by civil servants, non elected people, policy is implemented by those same civil servants.

ideals may be put forward by politicians, the the actual legislative bills before parliament are designed by civil servants.

wether we like it or not this country is effectively governed by a non elected “old guard” that get their jobs by wearing the correct tie, and not by the elected people.

and that is why policy bears no relation to the real world, the civil service do not exist in the humdrum day to day existance we do, but in a utopia of lavish exspence accounts and sheltered old boys clubs.

Do not fool yourselves that politicians hold the power, they never have and never will, the “old guard” will continue to run this country for the benefit of those with the right tie, while paying lip service only to the elected supposed representative of the people

hiya,
Have seen a news item, either newspaper or television news, it is proposed to give the vote to sixteen year old’s, is this a bit too young??, in my recent experience it is, en-route to my local shop a couple of days ago a group of teens who regularly cause nuisance in the shop vicinty until moved on, when the police can be bothered was doing what i remember well as the “goose step” complete with finger under the nose and Hitler salute, where did they learn that??, surely their mums and dads are too young to remember the war and it’s atrocities, will these kids if given the right to vote dash off to the polling station and vote for the National Party, looks that way to me.
thanks harry long retired.