Benefits Street.

New Channel Four series starts 6 th January at 21.00.
A whole street of residents on benefits.

and they will probably be better off than some on here , :confused:

A few months ago the media reported a few familues with 12 or 13 kids and receive £60,000 a year in benefits.Opticians is free and new glasses, so is dental care,the list goes on.
Can you blame them for working.?
The DWP should pay them in tokens or vouchers that are exchanged for groceries and not spend our tax money on Plasma wide screen Tv or the latest X Box and £200 trainers.

■■■■■■■ lazy cheating scuming parasites. I shan’t be watching ill only end up smashing the tele up in rage.

^^^ part of me wants to watch it but a bigger aort knows I’ll just get angry and shout and holler at the telly while feeling powerless to do anything about the scumbags

It’s like some of the dregs that you see making regular appearances on Jeremy Kyle, they see themselves as some kind of celebrities, instead of feeling ashamed or embarrassed, the ones with about 6 kids that keep breeding with no intention of getting a job to pay for their keep, then the poor kids grow up thinking it’s the right way, as they know nothing else, and behave the same when they grow up, and so it goes on.

But is them that’s wrong claiming the money or the government for giving it or us for not doing the same.

mac12:
But is them that’s wrong claiming the money or the government for giving it or us for not doing the same.

The second option IMO.

I will berate those on benefits when there are more jobs than people available to do them because that is the only time anything can be done about them

Remember this - most on benefits are currently ‘in work’ according to the Govts own figures and the reason they are on benefits is because employers are getting away with low wages and there are not enough full time jobs

2 people in work doing 20 hours a week each = 40 hours worked and 2 in work for the figures
1 in work doing 40 hours and 1 not working at all = 40 hours worked but only 1 in work for the figures

That’s why someone like me can only take jobs at high pay rates which is getting hard to do. I live in a village so have to travel to work but if only getting NMW for 8 hours so £50 by the time I take of my travel costs I may only get £35 so not enough to live on against someone claiming benefits as well.

For so many people there is no financial gain working for the NMW.If you need to travel any distance and car ownership is out of the question with all of the related costs then why bother?

My next door neighbour hasn’t worked for five years. As she lives in a council property, her council tax and rent are paid for her!

She openly admits she doesn’t want to work.

Not working is a lifestyle choice now, and pays well, especially when kids are involved. I know a girl, two kids when she was under 18, council flat, never worked or intends to for the foreseeable. Obviously the “dad’s” ■■■■■■ off sharpish when they were told the news.

The are many kids on my estate with grubby clothes etc because the parents spend their benefit on booze and ■■■■.

As was said above, pay the benefit in vouchers not redeemable on these type of products, nor electrical accessories!

As a single full time working tax payer, get NOTHING from the govt. My feckless clueless lazy neighbours get a lot.

What’s right about that??

When driving the lorry through any town or city,the un-employables are easy to spot.
You think they are all not on a day off from work and notice a lot walking around doing nothing on week days.
Some are so bad,you think “Would you employ that,if you had a business”?

toby1234abc:
When driving the lorry through any town or city,the un-employables are easy to spot.
You think they are all not on a day off from work and notice a lot walking around doing nothing on week days.

The ones with the walking sticks that have blagged disability benefit are the best, I am not saying that there are no genuine cases but the ones that are only carrying the stick that serves no purpose whatsoever stand out a mile.

There was a tv series called “Saints and scroungers” that showed secret fiming of benefit cheats.
Footage of fit claimants playing golf or pulling weights in the gym while claiming benefits.
The Dwp can access bank and savings accounts to check.

toby1234abc:

A few years ago after I’d left a job, I ended up having to go to a bs class to learn how to do a job application :unamused: In the room were about eight of us one of which looked as though he hadn’t washed, shaved or anything else in weeks, he had rings and all sorts hanging off his grubby face and was sitting with his feet on the desk. The 18 year old up front, who’d done everything and been everywhere asked what we thought the criteria was for fronting a boss.
Up until now I’d been daydreaming, but I couldn’t help pointing out that I wouldn’t even let this particular bag of ■■■■■ in the door, let alone give him a job. Said 18 year old nearly fainted, the bag o’ ■■■■■ took his feet down quick smart and the rest of the room started clapping and saying, they wished they’d said that. I was asked to leave. :smiley:

In poor countries like Romania and Bulgaria,they dress well and look smart.And have respect for themselves.
In the UK,look at the ones that look like they found their clothes from a skip or rubbish dump.
Stig of the dump.!
We are the worst dressed country in Europe.With bad hair and bad teeth.

Never going to beat them, the system does need to change drastically but the gov seems to do little about it, we’re in a debt and most of that has to be down to benefits. I know a girl that gets 1400 ish a month on benefits and quite a nice 2 bed house out of it, not bad for 18 year single mum, but as soon as she got her house she went downhill partying and all that, her child got removed from her care because of neglect to her mums home but she was still entitled to claim the child benefit, so what does she do with this extra money? Certainly not sort her life and her house out to get her son back but she discovers the world of drugs, long story short she got caught with a few underage friends around her house one got rushed to IC for a few days and she’s been bailed for supplying class A as well as filling in her housing forms wrong so owing 1000+ in rent and council tax. Love it when the justice system works :slight_smile: only down side Is we now have care of her son for the foreseeable future, with me not working and her job about to end things are going to get tight. Sorry about the rant, it’s been a long Christmas lol