Cb Channels

Just installed CB resisted it up to now but got fed up being in Traffic queues not knowing the reasons why, so decided to fit one.
question what channels do i use■■? are any channels specific for particular uses ie emergencies etc etc
pls advise

Also do i need a Licence if so how much/where from the Post Office ■■?

Channel 9 is for emergencies only. (And to keep it clear for such, you should avoid using 8 and 10 just to be sure)

Channel 19 is the main greetings channel. Rude people chat on it too, but you should really go to another. If you’re going to lurk, then this is the channel to listen into.

I’ll echo what Allikat has said Mike,however…

You will notice that there is an ever increasing availability of 80 channel rigs that can be bought these days.The reason behind this is because our wonderful government have,like everything else,decided to bring us into line with Europe over CB frequencies,with Europe adopting the old US frequency of 26.965-27.405 on FM, (CEPT). This means in time that our unique frequency of 27.60125-27.99125, (27/81) is to be phased out,I believe,but am not 100%.Luckily I don’t have that problem of what to use as I own a President Lincoln which covers all the frequencies you could want,and more,but I spend most of the time on SSB talking to stations around the world

Now you can convert an ‘old’ rig by having the new channels added on a seperate board within the rig,and then put on one of your switches that are rarely used,on the front of your rig,but you have to remember that a lot of these ‘old’ rigs are 20 years old,so it may pay to spend that little bit extra and buy a new generation rig.

So technical bit over,what do you do?

Well,in time we will all be using the new ‘mid band’ frequency,but a lot of people are still using the old 19 as their main channel for listening and calling,so I would stick with that.

As for the licence.Well I have posted a link below to the new operators of radio communications which will give you more information.

Hope this helps

Ken.

ofcom.org.uk/licensing_numbe … ?a=87101#c

19 is a mobile channel for mobile cb users it is polite to move channel but you dont have to as it was chose for mobiles 14 is the braking channel stay away from 9 unless you need it and only use 19 if you need it as its full of d.heads hell bent on winding every body up ask the lads you work with if they have a channel they use and unless you trust the person on the other end dont ask for directions you could end up in tim buck two or worse still up the creek without a paddle or your load
happy cb. Bill
ps. excuse the spelling i only get paid to drive not think

Thanks for info lads
Rgds Mike

Well i have just had my first week with my CB
I am amazed at the drivel and foul language exchanged over the airways

It is so moronic

As you may know i travel with my wife and we are as broad minded as anyone- but even i was squirming at some of the filth being broadcast
yes this included women

Debs made me switch it off more ofter than not

A sad reflection of current English way of life

im afraid your right.

just a little word to the wise for anyone who is new to CB.

All these ■■■■ women you hear on channels are 99% of the time, huge smelly, dirty old dogs that can’t find a man because they are so rough, so don’t think if one of them is talking dirty to you and invites you to meet her you are on to a good thing. I have been decieved lots of time in my early CB days. usualy with nightmare results. :wink: