Catching phone users

AndrewG:
Should be law that when driving phones should be switched off or kept in the boot of a car or locker in a truck. Times have moved on but years ago no one had mobiles and the world still worked fine without them. All this scrolling through music and updating faceache is ridiculous.And no im not some old ■■■■, just 47…

+1

I know there are some ‘IDIOT’S’ who use hand held phones, I don’t know what the fine is there but here it is $2500.00 and a $1000.00 fine for the company. I for the life of me understand why those idiots who drive and hold the dam phone against their ears next to the drivers window so people can see it :question:

Pat Hasler:
I know there are some ‘IDIOT’S’ who use hand held phones, I don’t know what the fine is there but here it is $2500.00 and a $1000.00 fine for the company. I for the life of me understand why those idiots who drive and hold the dam phone against their ears next to the drivers window so people can see it :question:

Especially now phones are so dam big!

peekaboo curtains and a double sim phone…job done. :slight_smile:

Now I’m not advocating using a phone whilst driving, but the other night, as I watched all the drivers overtake me whilst sending a tweet/updating Facebook or whatever, I started thinking.
Apparently this phone use whilst driving is at epidemic levels. No arguments there, we all see it every day. Mobile phone use whilst driving can have catastrophic outcomes. Again, no argument. There have been a couple of high profile cases recently.

But thats my point, a couple of high profile cases. If using a phone is so dangerous, why isn’t there death and destruction every hour of every day? It makes me think that this is a knee jerk reaction to a few awful events, but is actually masking the real problem, there are too many drivers on the road who aren’t capable of driving safely, regardless of distractions.

Stobart truck also stopped for using phone…

Geoffo:

Stobart truck also stopped for using phone…

Looks like one of the chuckle brothers has put on a few pounds in the back seat of that car!

sent using my Nokia 3310 via tapatalk

Captain Caveman 76:
Now I’m not advocating using a phone whilst driving, but the other night, as I watched all the drivers overtake me whilst sending a tweet/updating Facebook or whatever, I started thinking.
Apparently this phone use whilst driving is at epidemic levels. No arguments there, we all see it every day. Mobile phone use whilst driving can have catastrophic outcomes. Again, no argument. There have been a couple of high profile cases recently.

But thats my point, a couple of high profile cases. If using a phone is so dangerous, why isn’t there death and destruction every hour of every day? It makes me think that this is a knee jerk reaction to a few awful events, but is actually masking the real problem, there are too many drivers on the road who aren’t capable of driving safely, regardless of distractions.

on average 70 people every day are killed or seriously injured on the UKs roads. (25,000 per year) and the biggest cause of accidents is distracted driver.

in that case shouldn’t there be a ban for women driving in short skirts with their ■■■■ out not be implemented asap?

Bluey Circles:

Captain Caveman 76:

on average 70 people every day are killed or seriously injured on the UKs roads. (25,000 per year) and the biggest cause of accidents is distracted driver.

But that’s just like the speeding crackdown argument from a few years ago. Every collision (not accident) was said to have speeding as a “contributing factor”. The fact the driver was drunk/stoned/ untrained/ overconfident/driving in inclement weather/etc. etc. was never mentioned. This legitimised the overzealous police reaction and disproportionate resources deployed to catch people speeding.

If this really is such a dangerous practice (not condoning it by the way, I happen to think it’s a stupid thing to do) why all the effort to catch people. Surely the resources should be put into stopping people doing it in the first place.

IMO a lot of this, and I include the catching of speeders, hides the true cause of most of these accidents. Simply poor driving.

dieseldog999:
in that case shouldn’t there be a ban for women driving in short skirts with their ■■■■ out not be implemented asap?

And a recent incident proved that is indeed dangerous or at least she was taking a selfie at the same time
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 … ss-selfie/