Case Studies Help

I have just spoken to a training instructor over the phone and they have informed me that I have to do a case studies test…? What is this test and how can I learn it because there are no learning tools on the net that I can find for it…?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :wink:

Thank you.

I haven’t got a suitcase, but I do have an old brief case, if that’s suitable for you to study? :sunglasses:

The case studies test is module 2 of the driver CPC taken at the same test centre as ur theory and hp go to www.drivingtheory4all.co.uk and they have a section for it u have to pay but it’s well worth it!! Hope that helps

The CPC mod 2 is quite similar to the theory test.

To prepare for this I read and done the theory practice DVD-ROM and I also bought “The official DSA guide to driving goods vehicles”

The only thing I was worried about was the way the test works as I knew exactly what to expect from the theory as I had the practice DVD. Once I got in there and done the practice question I felt OK with it.

You’ll be given a little “story” to read about a driver, what he drives, when he started etc etc and then you answer questions related to the text.

I looked for ages to find one so I thought I’d save you some time, there is no practice DVD you can buy like there is for the theory. There are things you can use on-line though like has been posted above.

All the best, hope it goes well

Thank you guys I really appreciate your help. I already use that website for practising the theory test and hazzard perception but didn’t realise that the case study was listed on that website.

I was given the date for my theory test today which is on the (08/06/2011) wednesday week :open_mouth: I didn’t realise it was going to be so quick. However gives me something to aim for now I know.

I’m nervous and will be practicing, practicing, practicing everyday until I’ve passed.

What sort of questions are asked for the case study…?

Regards,
Wrams

its quite varied to be honest, I had things like.

Drivers hours
load security (which type of load would require which restraint)
cargo labels and which ones to use for which loads.
loading weights

It really is just the theory put into a different format of questioning to be honest

I have just spoken to a training instructor over the phone and they have informed me that I have to do a case studies test…? What is this test and how can I learn it because there are no learning tools on the net that I can find for it…?

Another perfect demonstration that not all trainers are the same. If you didn’t know what the case studies test was about then he should have been able to explain it. (That does assume, of course, that you told him you didn’t know about the case studies).

He should also have been able to point you to the learning tools that are available.

I would give serious thought to spending hard earned with this trainer.

Good luck :laughing: :laughing:

I have spoken to the driving instructor last week and he spoke briefly about what was needed to do the HGV class 2 coarse. However DVLA theory test centres where backlogged and they shut some across the UK. I then phoned the instructor to find out if it was all open again and he said yes but when he tried to book my coarse the computers were down. He then phoned the next evening and managed to book my theory etc for the 8th June 2011 at 11:30am then 12:30pm and the last one at 1:30pm all on the same day.

Plus when I took the phone call I was actually away from my home and in a petrol station so couldn’t really speak :smiley:

Hes going to send me a letter with all the relevant information and dates/times of my tests.

this is what it test looks like

There are free mock test questions online, but im on my phone just now and hard to find them.
As for revision for it, most of what you need to know you can learn from the multiple choice theory test booklet.

Sorry for a vague reply but like i said, writing this from a wee screen on a phone.

Thanks for the link, I’ve spoken briefly to the instructor regarding the case study test. I also spoke to Avon Driver Training today and they told me they had to cancel my theory test because my driving license isn’t back from DVLA with provisional entitlement, so that gives me a bit longer to keep practicing. Just as soon as my license returns they’ll re book my theory ASAP. Its my own fault really I forgot to tell them I sent it off with my medical form.

Anyhow its been a week just over since I sent it off so fingers crossed I’ll get it back next week :slight_smile:

I’ve spoken briefly to the instructor regarding the case study test. I also spoke to Avon Driver Training today and they told me they had to cancel my theory test because my driving license isn’t back from DVLA with provisional entitlement, so that gives me a bit longer to keep practicing. Just as soon as my license returns they’ll re book my theory ASAP. Its my own fault really I forgot to tell them I sent it off with my medical form.

Anyhow its been a week just over since I sent it off so fingers crossed I’ll get it back next week

You need to UNcancel those tests without further delay. Your licence has been issued - otherwise it would be impossible to book the theory tests - and it will now be in the post. You’ll probably have it by Monday.

Good luck :laughing: :laughing:

The training instructor set up the theory test etc and then rang me today for my driving license number which I don’t have because of it being sent off. How would you know its been posted…? How would the driving school know…?

Guess what I did wrong :frowning: I only forgot to enter my passport number in to the provisional license forms so DVLA have sent it back :frowning: still its ready to be posted tomorrow (monday) so with anyluck it will be back with in a few days :smiley: yea right!! :laughing: