CPC Test - Tomorrow

Hello people,

I have my theory, hazard and CPC case studies (mod 2) tomorrow 06.05.2014. I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on what the CPC (mod 2) is like? as I’m a little concerned, I haven’t been able to find any study material for this and was told there isn’t any. I do have the ‘Driving Goods Vehicles DSA’ book and PC CD-ROM theory/hazard. I have been passing theory with scores between 90% and 95% and the hazard is easy so I have only done a little on that and passing.

Can someone please tell me a bit more about the CPC case studies (mod 2) and if it’s easy to pass?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

*** ONLY SERIOUS REPLIES PLEASE, AS I HAVE MY COURSE TOMORROW ***

Mod 2 link contained within the link below in my signature

Done mine a few months back, it is pretty much the same questions as the theory. But they give you a story about a driver then ask you questions about his days work. Driving hours, loads, high way codes. I also had a few about driving in other euro country, paper work needed ext.

If you studied you theory you will get trough it easily.

se4n:
Done mine a few months back, it is pretty much the same questions as the theory. But they give you a story about a driver then ask you questions about his days work. Driving hours, loads, high way codes. I also had a few about driving in other euro country, paper work needed ext.

If you studied you theory you will get trough it easily.

Thank you fella that’s made me feel slightly better. Is the pass mark 40 out of 50?

It is 40/50
Get up on your hours and WTD etc,
As already stated if your fresh with your theory you should be ok but just have a look at regs,

Good luck for today, am sure you’ll do fine. I was just like you but was amazed at how easy both Mod 2 and 4 were!

TheMissus:
Good luck for today, am sure you’ll do fine. I was just like you but was amazed at how easy both Mod 2 and 4 were!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I done really well to be honest I got 92% out of 100% on the theory and I got 47% out of 50% on the initial CPC :slight_smile:

There you go! :grimacing:

Well done! :slight_smile:

TheMissus:
There you go! :grimacing:

Well done! :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:… May I ask how did you find doing your Artic very soon after your C licence? Is it worth doing it straight away? People say it is as you still have the last test/lessons in your head.

I couldn’t get into the artic fast enough! I think if you can afford it it makes complete sense.

For me, I never had any intention of using my C licence, it was just a step to getting the class 1.

TheMissus:
I couldn’t get into the artic fast enough! I think if you can afford it it makes complete sense.

For me, I never had any intention of using my C licence, it was just a step to getting the class 1.

Yeah I defiantly agree with you, my goal is being an Artic tucker driver petrol/diesel driver. I as you did am working towards my Artic but was just wondering if it’s worth doing straight away, meaning did you jump straight into a 44 tonne truck?

I tried to! Had assessment drive a fortnight later… Loved it, but had to wait due to my cpc mod 4 holding things up, needed my new licence back with the c+e entitlement on it but couldn’t send old one off as was on a wait list for the mod4.
In the end it was about 5 weeks before training started since my C pass.
By this time I was worried I would be off the ball, that it was too long between them, but it was fine.

TheMissus:
I tried to! Had assessment drive a fortnight later… Loved it, but had to wait due to my cpc mod 4 holding things up, needed my new licence back with the c+e entitlement on it but couldn’t send old one off as was on a wait list for the mod4.
In the end it was about 5 weeks before training started since my C pass.
By this time I was worried I would be off the ball, that it was too long between them, but it was fine.

Well done :slight_smile:

So your saying go straight for it after the C?

Oh yes! (as the Churchill dog says) :smiley:

TheMissus:
Oh yes! (as the Churchill dog says) :smiley:

Hahaha, thank you for all your input and congrats on all your passes, truckers are one big family and one which I will be joining very soon

You’re already there, you’ve got your ‘c’! Glad to have ya! :grimacing:

TheMissus:
You’re already there, you’ve got your ‘c’! Glad to have ya! :grimacing:

Well not just yet I haven’t got my C, I do as a provisional but not licence… I’m awaiting my dates for my weeks intensive course then I will be a C

Sorry, confused you with anther! Well you’re well onto the ladder, you’ll get there no worries. :wink:

TheMissus:
Sorry, confused you with anther! Well you’re well onto the ladder, you’ll get there no worries. :wink:

Hahah, no worries and thank you :slight_smile: