Car Transporters

Hi All,

As anyone had any experience of car transporters, if so what was the work like and how was the pay. I have an application form for MCD(Mainland Car Deliveries) but they have not sent any info on wages etc does anyone know what they are like to work for especially out of the Teesport Depot.

Many thanks
Westie

BEST THING IS CALL THEM UP.IF THEY DON’T TELL YOU IT NORMALLY MEANS GIVE WIDE BERTH :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Fred! :smiley:

here is another post regarding Transporters

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ansporters

I will be the 1st to admit its not for me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I am scared ■■■■■■■■ when it comes to hights :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

Hope this helps mate.

westie:
Hi All,

As anyone had any experience of car transporters, if so what was the work like and how was the pay. I have an application form for MCD(Mainland Car Deliveries) but they have not sent any info on wages etc does anyone know what they are like to work for especially out of the Teesport Depot.

Many thanks
Westie

I reckon you’ll find you’ll be chasing your arse all week doing 70 odd hours, strongly hating low tree branches and will pack it up within a month being fed up of only seeing £300 in your palm for a weeks work including night out money.

Let us know how you go on and don’t think of the big money when they say, “oh yeah, there’s a bonus for this and there’s a bonus for that…”. You’ll be flat out 24/7.

I applied for eurocar once and did a test, I drove a car up to the top deck and backed it off again, then went home :exclamation: I am damm sure i wasn’t getting out of a car at that height :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I applied for eurocar once and did a test, I drove a car up to the top deck and backed it off again, then went home :exclamation: I am damm sure i wasn’t getting out of a car at that height :laughing:

:grimacing:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies, I have read the other threads TC and especially the one by ROBK. It seems very daunting at first and putting that first car on the top deck isnt something I would look forward to. There seems to be a few Transporter companies looking for drivers, this could be the reason why. I will put the application in but keep my options open, at least I am in possession of a bit more info when it comes to any interview. Nothing to lose at the moment as I am on an agency. Thanks again for the info.

PS. Who were you with ROBK.

Regards
Fred

westie:
PS. Who were you with ROBK.

Agency. The company was a two-tone blue scheme but can’t remember company name.

MRS at looking for class 1 drivers at Shildon and a mate of mine works there and reckons it’s decent money for the north-east. Easy work.

Hi Rob,

Thanks, that would be ECM have heard some good and some bad things about them.

I rang MRS up a couple of weeks ago and all they wanted was night men. Will give them another bell, thanks

regards
Fred

Rob K:

Pat Hasler:

:grimacing:

Some folk can’t stand heights :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

One of the displays we had when I was with the show company was called ‘The Up & Over’, it was a 40ft trailer/exhibition showroom that had an infatable mountain sticking out front and steel ramps that were assembled from each end and formed an arc 12 ft above the trailer roof (although this was hidden by the mountain, we had to put three Ford Explorers on the top. I was ok building the ramps if I stood on the inside edge of the roof, but I’m damm sure I wasn’t going to drive a 4x4 up narrow ramps25ft up :laughing: