Car insurance renewal is due

So i made a few calls today and one of the questions i ask is “what country are you in ( they cant lie to the answer apparently)?” several of them are in India and South Africa to which i replied " i prefer to deal with companies that keep people in Britain in work so no thanks".

An old racist me?, maybe i am i just want to see jobs kept in this country that BELONG in this country and i want someone on the end of the phone who can understand me and i understand them, communicating with the English has never been a strong point of mine but communicating with someone speaking English from a foreign country is even worse.

Not racist jammy, just patriotic. I don’t particularly like dealing with foreign call centres either.

Jammy, After the incident with the England strip :open_mouth:

Why don’t you try Kwik Fit Insurance, their call centre is in Uddingston.
I have my insurance with them and they are reasonable.

That way you would be putting something back in Scotland :laughing: :laughing:

why dont you try confused.com and do it all on line loads cheaper as well.

Don’t blame you jammy, I won’t speak to call centers outside of the UK either. I just ask them to put me through to the UK or hang up.

Bren:

Bren if they werent £100 more than my renewal i would use them without a doubt.

Have you tried Direct Line Jammy?

They have a base in Cambuslang. Their call centre was in the UK when I first took my car insurance out, many years ago. I haven’t called them back since, so I don’t know where it is now, if its moved.

My renewal notice arrives every year, I make a few calls to several of these companies that advertise, " We will insure you for £100 less than anyone else". I’m not surprised when they are usualy £100 dearer.

jammymutt:

Bren:

Bren if they werent £100 more than my renewal i would use them without a doubt.

If thats the difference I wouldn’t use them either :cry: :cry:

Give A-QUOTE a try.
I have been with them for the last 3 years.

Last year my premium was £157,this year they wanted £191,so I said no thanks.They came back with a quote of £143. Thanks very much,I’ll take that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jammy

Try these Adrian Flux i have been with these for the last 4 years and they beat my last quote by £300 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

renew on line with the aa it quoted me £70 cheaper then going around the corner to the broker

jon

SimonRS2K you beat me to it, ive been with adrian flux for a year now there by far the cheapest, im 25 with a mitsubishi warrior worth £16000 most places wouldnt touch me even the company i had been with for 5 years,others were wanting around 2 grand, Adrian Flux- £750 fully comp with full glass cover full national and european breakdown cover, well recommended :smiley:

Have filled in the AF online form im waiting for an e mail.

Adrian Flux were too dear for my Skoda even with so called ‘Owners Club Discount’. Their call centre is in Norfolk.

I’m with Elephant, their call centre is in India but I don’t care cos they’re cheaper.