Can't get a hire unit in Glasgow!

It’s the dredded MOT time again so phoned our usual supplier for a tractor unit ,
Frakin = no
T.O.M Airdrie = no
Ryder = no
also tryed Hill hire also drew a blank !
Am I missing something is there a national shortage off hire units or something big going on on Glasgow !!!

i noticed yesterday that hill hire has more available space than usual. they are normally dumping trailers wherever there is room in or out of their site and a line of units along the fenceline

Dawson truck and trailer hire in uddingston could help, that is who we use. Bit out your way mind but they’ve got great rates :wink:

merc0447:
Dawson truck and trailer hire in uddingston could help, that is who we use. Bit out your way mind but they’ve got great rates :wink:

Aye great rates for a ■■■■■ motor probably lolz

Steve-o:

merc0447:

Aye great rates for a [zb] motor probably lolz[/quote

Nail + head :smiley: No ‘probably’ about it!!

You’re from Glasgie - nick one! Hire…disgraceful !

Dawsons are alright, you’ve got to have an account with them though. Usually a 56 reg DAF/MAN.

Speak to Maggie at TOM. Theres always something spare…

Phoned T.O.M nothing doing , trying MERC/DAF for a demo if all else fails but thanks for the number might give a call in morning , VERY VERY UNUSUAL !!!

Need to be limited company for Dawsons. I’ve noticed the shortage of spot hire units as well in the past year. I think they got their fingers burnt in the recession so try not to have too much stock available and only sort the regulars out.

Add Scania bellshill to the no list !
Running out off companys to phone that wee deal with

Fallmonk:
Am I missing something is there a national shortage off hire units or something big going on on Glasgow !!!

yeah its “National Hire a Tractor Unit” week, would explain the shortage of units as people who have needed one and cant get one have nicked someone elses so that poor person then has to go and rent a unit they cant rent one so the then nick someone elses, vicious circle, simples :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its getting to that time of year when the Royal Mail and Asda etc start hiring units from Salford Van Hire again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can’t your mot prep place not help you out?

Failing that, are they not in a position of more clout with the rental companies?

Ken.

What about that mob in Livingston,got a yard behind the test station and another down at the Pumpherston road? They do hire but maybe not short term stuff.Can`t remember their name now.