Can somebody help me?

hi folks,

in a previous truck and driver in the delivery note section a company was offering breathalizer snap sticks for about 3 quid or so, which i thought was a good idea if your waiting for the alchohol to leave your system as they have a 20mg limit. these are for personal use e.g. after a bbq boozy night out not for when i am out on the road, dont want people getting the wrong idea hear. thankyou greg.

drug-aware.com/alcohol-test-kits.htm

After a hard search on Google!

Doesn’t this idea seem wrong? :confused: :confused:
Surely, if you think there may be a chance that you could still be over the limit, them obviously you’ve had too much to drink.
My Driving Licence cost me a great deal of money, too much to risk it on some piece of plastic, hoping it gives me the result I want. What if it says you’re still over the limit, would people really call up their TM and say “soz Guv but I’m too pi$$ed to drive”. :unamused:

dinosteveus1:
Surely, if you think there may be a chance that you could still be over the limit, them obviously you’ve had too much to drink.
My Driving Licence cost me a great deal of money, too much to risk it on some piece of plastic, hoping it gives me the result I want. What if it says you’re still over the limit, would people really call up their TM and say “soz Guv but I’m too pi$$ed to drive”. :unamused:

i see what you are saying and thought some people would mae smarty comments, they are only a rough guide i know that, just better than waiting all morning and thinking yeah i feel fine when you could still be over 8 hours later, at least with the sticks i thought it would give you a BETTER indication, i know they are not 100% but better than just thought alone. my licence cost me a lot of money too and never drink if im working the next morning, i only actually get to drink ever 6 weeks with my rota system, lol.

greg

dinosteveus1:

Yes maybe you would know you were over the limit, or at least near but… what a fantastic attitude. Well don’t risk your licence on some piece of plastic, choice is yours. Let the police do it for ya if you want to take the risk and don’t dare phone in sick.

I know people who have been pulled late Saturday night after drinking heavily on FRIDAY night and still had alcohol in their system. So the morning, or even day after a good ■■■■ up… what time is it safe to drive?

Personally I wont drive until late afternoon the next day if I have had more than 3 pints up to 10pm the night before. So I would rarely have to ring someone to tell them I wasn’t coming. If I have to drive somewhere the next day, I pretty much much don’t drink. Thats my own thing. Yes theres common sense but where is the borderline? I reckon most people who have ever consumed alcohol have accidentally been still over the morning or afternoon after drinking.

groovy greg:
i see what you are saying and thought some people would mae smarty comments, they are only a rough guide i know that, just better than waiting all morning and thinking yeah i feel fine when you could still be over 8 hours later, at least with the sticks i thought it would give you a BETTER indication, i know they are not 100% but better than just thought alone. my licence cost me a lot of money too and never drink if im working the next morning, i only actually get to drink ever 6 weeks with my rota system, lol.

greg

Nah, I wasn’t making a ‘smarty comment’ at you Greg. It just seems like this kind of crap is a scam, I bet they all have some kind of disclaimer on them and at the end of the day, they only give you a guide whether you are still over the limit.

zippy!:
Yes maybe you would know you were over the limit, or at least near but… :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: what a fantastic attitude. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Well don’t risk your licence on some piece of plastic, choice is yours. Let the police do it for ya if you want to take the risk and don’t dare phone in sick.

I know people who have been pulled late Saturday night after drinking heavily on FRIDAY night and still had alcohol in their system. So the morning, or even day after a good ■■■■ up… what time is it safe to drive?

Personally I wont drive until late afternoon the next day if I have had more than 3 pints up to 10pm the night before. So I would rarely have to ring someone to tell them I wasn’t coming. If I have to drive somewhere the next day, I pretty much much don’t drink. Thats my own thing. Yes theres common sense but where is the borderline? I reckon most people who have ever consumed alcohol have accidentally been still over the morning or afternoon after drinking.

What you on about■■?
I ‘worked’ with a Chap who got a DR10 on his licence 9 years ago, he got breathelised the morning after. Getting driving work has been next to imposisible for him.

dinosteveus1:

zippy!:
Yes maybe you would know you were over the limit, or at least near but… :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: what a fantastic attitude. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Well don’t risk your licence on some piece of plastic, choice is yours. Let the police do it for ya if you want to take the risk and don’t dare phone in sick.

What you on about■■?
I ‘worked’ with a Chap who got a DR10 on his licence 9 years ago, he got breathelised the morning after. Getting driving work has been next to imposisible for him.

And whats that got to do with what I am on about?

zippy!:

Crossed wires I think. :blush:
The above is the way I am as well, although I’m pretty much T’-total now, just the odd can of Lager.

Its the safest way. Apart from the fact I hardly ever get a chance to drink any more as I am always driving (which does mean I feel the effects a little more easily).

I dread to think how many times I went out on the lash in my younger years and drove the car the next morning, lucky I never got breath tested.

zippy!:
Its the safest way. Apart from the fact I hardly ever get a chance to drink any more as I am always driving (which does mean I feel the effects a little more easily).

I dread to think how many times I went out on the lash in my younger years and drove the car the next morning, lucky I never got breath tested.

As I got older, Alchol seemed to have lost it’s appeal and it became very expensive. :angry:

dinosteveus1:

zippy!:

As I got older, Alchol seemed to have lost it’s appeal and it became very expensive. :angry:

I hate to admit it… lol

I can’t see what the problem with having a self test product is, if used the right way?

Sure if you know you are going to work the next day then use some sense and keep it to zero or a low level. Then you should be pretty sure you have no alcohol in your system by the morning.
But what if you go out somewhere and have a skinfull when you are off work?
When during the next day can you drive?
Some of you say you wouldn’t drive until the afternoon, Okay but if you had a really good night or your body doesn’t process the alcohol as quick as others, you could be over the limit in the afternoon. At least with a test you have some information to work on and you have a better chance of not driving whilst over the drink drive limit.

Of course if you use the test to allow you to drink upto the limit and then go off and drive, then you are playing Russian roulete with your licence.

I used to be a right beer monster, used to wag school so I could go and work for my mate doing house clearences and go pub after we finished, then when I got my licence I just stopped didnt drink for years. I started having the odd beer every now and then after I borrowed a screw driver to the next door neighbour and he brought it back round with a case of beer :smiley:

I dont drink during the week and if I went out for a proper session it takes me a day to recover anyway.

I wouldnt rely on a piece of plastic to tell you if you can drive or not, use your own judgement - wiseeley. if in doubt take time out :exclamation: :exclamation: or dont drink alcohol until your on your hols. :unamused: