Can i have my number plate back please!

did my check this morning to find my number plate missing, thats got to be a first on the A12, normally its fuel!! :laughing: , but i think i may know who removed it :imp:

the story starts about 12hours ago, i just parked up in a layby nr brentwood, then settlles down for the night, bout 8-30 a massive bang and the unit rocked (more than normal :laughing: ), so peeks out of curtain and some tool is trying to reverse behind me, so gets out and the muppet starts shouting somat, couldnt understand him due to his high revs, but he must have damage on either the trl or his unit, after hitting my container, then heard him say he only tapped it, so buggered off back to my cab, then a knock on the door asking me to move forwards a few feet, so i did, and again he said he only tapped it, , still took him 10mins to park where he wanted :open_mouth:
heard him go before me this morning, and as doing a check of the trl i noticed my numberplate was now missing :imp: :imp: :imp: , which was def on when i got out to check to see any damage.
not sure why he needed to take it off and prob toss it into the bushes, and the mess he left on the verge where he did park :open_mouth: :open_mouth: it know wonder they are starting to put bollards on the ends of laybys.

i would have told him to eff off. once i park up i do not move for anyone. especialy mouthy gits.

he wasnt trying to reverse park a scandinavian draw bar outfit for Carryfast-Haulage? was he?? :laughing: :laughing:

dazaster:
did my check this morning to find my number plate missing, thats got to be a first on the A12, normally its fuel!! :laughing: , but i think i may know who removed it :imp:

the story starts about 12hours ago, i just parked up in a layby nr brentwood, then settlles down for the night, bout 8-30 a massive bang and the unit rocked (more than normal :laughing: ), so peeks out of curtain and some tool is trying to reverse behind me, so gets out and the muppet starts shouting somat, couldnt understand him due to his high revs, but he must have damage on either the trl or his unit, after hitting my container, then heard him say he only tapped it, so buggered off back to my cab, then a knock on the door asking me to move forwards a few feet, so i did, and again he said he only tapped it, , still took him 10mins to park where he wanted :open_mouth:
heard him go before me this morning, and as doing a check of the trl i noticed my numberplate was now missing :imp: :imp: :imp: , which was def on when i got out to check to see any damage.
not sure why he needed to take it off and prob toss it into the bushes, and the mess he left on the verge where he did park :open_mouth: :open_mouth: it know wonder they are starting to put bollards on the ends of laybys.

Watch out he doest put it on the back of his trailer and speed past camaras so you get done
Do report it to the police so you get a crime number to prove it got nick when and where just cover your ■■■ :slight_smile:

Maybe this could have all been avoided if you had parked further forward in the first place, he could have got in without disturbing you.
It’s common courtessy to leave as much room as possible for other people if you park in a lay-by.

haddy:
Maybe this could have all been avoided if you had parked further forward in the first place, he could have got in without disturbing you.
It’s common courtessy to leave as much room as possible for other people if you park in a lay-by.

what a pointless / stupid post, i don’t think i need to explain why.

Big ■■■■:

dazaster:

Watch out he doest put it on the back of his trailer and speed past camaras so you get done
Do report it to the police so you get a crime number to prove it got nick when and where just cover your ■■■ :slight_smile:

Wish I’d thought of that, when I had my own. Report you no plate stolen. Get FPN write back and ask em if they knew you’d had your plate nicked.

Were you in this particular lay-by at the time then ? you obviously saw how much room Dazaster had in front of him :bulb:

Or maybe he parked up for the night behind another vehicle , which then moved off after he shut his curtains and started bopping to Chase and Status

He even had the COMMON COURTESY to move forward when asked ffs !! What more do you want ?

As Stevieboy said … silly post mate :blush: :blush:

I’ve been parked in a lay-by, right at the front once. When an artic driver came up and TOLD me to pull forward as he couldn’t get in.
If I had, I would have had my front end, right out in lane 1 of the A30 nr Bodmin. I politely refused as I was on an 11hr break(about 3.5 hrs into it)
He muttered and went on his way. Sometimes you just can’t help. :unamused:

haddy:

I dont suppose there was someone else was parked up. so drive parked up closed his curtains then later the front truck pulled away
making a empty space. and with the crap new digy techo,s you can,t move IT HAPPENS.

3300John:

haddy:

I dont suppose there was someone else was parked up. so drive parked up closed his curtains then later the front truck pulled away
making a empty space. and with the crap new digy techo,s you can,t move IT HAPPENS.

that is a valid point John, right up until you mentioned the digicrap, sorry, digi tacho :blush:

Daz’s truck is anologue, but i will let you off for not knowing that :wink: :grimacing:

haddy:

maybe cus i was already 7/8 foot of the lorry in front, and they was just a unit(only) behind me, as posted the tool was trying to back his trl up on the grass bank verge :open_mouth:
but fear not next time i will pull up to 2 foot away then when i get blocked in if someone parks behind me the same distance i will just do a sidney youngblood… thats “sit and wait” till i can move :sunglasses: