Wish me luck, number plate missing!

Oh dear, got to Dublin docks this morning to find I have left my trailer number plate on the trailer I dropped last night at a customers. So I’m driving around all day today with a cardboard one worried about my licence! Bad times. Anybody who feels the need can report me to the Irish authorities, I’m sure they’ll be very interested.

Your licence is not at risk.

At worst it would be a fine.

If you do get pulled it would probably just be a case of - ‘get it fixed ASAP driver’

ROG:

If you do get pulled it would probably just be a case of - ‘get it fixed ASAP driver’

I know, I’m just taking the pee after that 6 page mad thing about number plates. You could drive round Ireland all day without one at all and nobody would care!

switchlogic:

ROG:

I know, I’m just taking the pee after that 6 page mad thing about number plates. You could drive round Ireland all day without one at all and nobody would care!

And driving with no digicard in the machine, or paper disc in the tacho, hitting low bridges etc etc etc,
you can see why some guys from the Emerald Isle get upset when they are stopped by Mr Vosaman :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve already rang the Gardi, :wink: :wink: Luke M8, they promised to get patrols out straightaway looking for you and to keep me informed on the hour of the progress of the search for you. :open_mouth:
Keep yer eyes peeled they might just be on yer back door right now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:
Regards
Dave Penn;

just you wait mr switchlogic… ima get my mum to stand at the traffic lights in dunshauglin and take a pic of you with out it then run into dessy in the Guarda shop jst there on the left and report you… ill also forward this thread to him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: btw i hope you use permanent ink on that bit of cardboard cause u know its illegal to use a biro unless its red :laughing: :laughing: haha… lovin ur twittter by the way… but u have sum phone bill

acceptme:
just you wait mr switchlogic… ima get my mum to stand at the traffic lights in dunshauglin and take a pic of you with out it then run into dessy in the Guarda shop jst there on the left and report you… ill also forward this thread to him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: btw i hope you use permanent ink on that bit of cardboard cause u know its illegal to use a biro unless its red :laughing: :laughing: haha… lovin ur twittter by the way… but u have sum phone bill

Thank you. the bloody phone bill nearly brought on a heart attack! Although its always round the £200 mark. Have to cut down on foreign twittering, plus o2 have cut my internet off so I’m left with a castrated iPhone!

No worries, just unscrew the rear plate from the unit and stick it on the back of the trailer! (copyright Coffee). Or not give it a 2nd thought and crack on at your leisure. :smiley:

or say you’ve been near the congestion charge zone and it must have been pinched by someone about to go in :laughing:

ROG:

WHOOSH… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

davepenn54:
I’ve already rang the Gardi, :wink: :wink: Luke M8, they promised to get patrols out straightaway looking for you and to keep me informed on the hour of the progress of the search for you. :open_mouth:
Keep yer eyes peeled they might just be on yer back door right now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:
Regards
Dave Penn;

you mean to say you covert bridge/flyover road side nationwide surveillance traffic enforcement operation’s dont extend to ireland mr penn, you missed a trick there for your franchise :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well spotted there pecjam23, Irelande just doesn’t want to get into ‘Wardens of the Mways’ scheme at the moment but I’m sure when they keep getting reports of HGV’'s using cardboard number plates on their trailers they will soon see the benefits of signing up and catching the ‘Transgressors’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:
Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Well spotted there pecjam23, Irelande just doesn’t want to get into ‘Wardens of the Mways’ scheme at the moment but I’m sure when they keep getting reports of HGV’'s using cardboard number plates on their trailers they will soon see the benefits of signing up and catching the ‘Transgressors’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:
Regards
Dave Penn;

They’ve alreadfy been reprimanded by the EU commision for their lax regime and infact VOSA have a guy over in Ireland working with them, to help set up whatever it is they’re going to do to ‘get tough’ :smiley:

Oh, i can just picture Luke driving around with gay abandon and his cardboard plate :wink:

davepenn54:
Regards
Dave Penn;

Wow, you beat Roger to it, he is slow today!! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

switchlogic:
Oh dear, got to Dublin docks this morning to find I have left my trailer number plate on the trailer I dropped last night at a customers. So I’m driving around all day today with a cardboard one worried about my licence! Bad times. Anybody who feels the need can report me to the Irish authorities, I’m sure they’ll be very interested.

mmm, trucks running around Ireland with no vin plates, bomb capital of the UK, Iam serving forces and yes we would have stoped your silly little truck if i hadnt had better things to do whilst iam back on R&R from Afghanistan,

chester:

switchlogic:

mmm, trucks running around Ireland with no vin plates, bomb capital of the UK, Iam serving forces and yes we would have stoped your silly little truck if i hadnt had better things to do whilst iam back on R&R from Afghanistan,

If you think its big and clever to run about with undentified identifcation then so be it.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Masse … s_shooting that link is why we hunt any undentified vehicles

chester:

chester:

switchlogic:

If you think its big and clever to run about with undentified identifcation then so be it.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Masse … s_shooting that link is why we hunt any undentified vehicles

Your taking this a bit seriously. Wasn’t excatly ‘undentified’ or should that be unidentified, The company name is about 4 foot tall on all four sides of the trailer complete with address, phone number and website.

Lighten up old chap, I was only having a laugh.

chester:

chester:

switchlogic:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

for goodness sake not another have ago hero. see’ing as you are new to this site rambo almost everything is done tongue in cheek and is followed with a bit of banter. we already have one wally on here who has swallowed several rule books we dont need another. have a day off for goodness sake.

switchlogic:

anyway im very surprised and dissapointed with you luke :open_mouth:

i would have thought with all your experiance you would have had a spare. and also a spare for your spare and then a spare for spare’s spare ect… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

switchlogic:

anyway im very surprised and dissapointed with you luke :open_mouth:

i would have thought with all your experiance you would have had a spare. and also a spare for your spare and then a spare for spare’s spare ect… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know it’s terrible isn’t it. It gets worse, still haven’t retrieved it so running round today without as well. Oh dear! I’m having 10 spares made as we speak so this terrible terrible situation never arises again.

I’ve let myself down, but worse I have let the great noble profession of truck driving down. I’m not sure I can recover.