Cambletown help needed

been told off my allocator that on tuesday im off to cambletown.no problem,i"ve never been before,but i know how to get there.
however,my allocator is trying to send me there with an eleven car load,and i will be just under 16"0 high.
i will be able to get under the bridge at tarbert(is it arched or straight??),but according to my bridge height map book(page 72),there is a 15"0 bridge at inverary??,but it is not clear whether the bridge is on the main a82 or not.
i"ve also heard the route to cambletown is covered in low trees.
does anyone know this route well??
any help appreciated.

Hi there buck, the bridge at Tarbet is 16 foot (actually slightly higher on the Glasgow bound side).

As you can see we have to cross the road to take a load of straw under it.

Not too sure if i would like to do it with a load of cars though!!!
The 15 foot bridge is on the Inveraray to Dalmally road so wont give you any bother (take it you are coming from the Glasgow side A82 then A83).

As for the trees , there are a lot of them hanging down all the way to Campbeltown :open_mouth:

you cant even dodge them as in some places they hang out from both sides.

Any other questions give me a shout.

wow,that was quick and photos as well.
seriously,nice one,dingo,thanks very much for the info.
depending on the car types,with eleven on,i may still get it down to about 15"9,but it sounds as though the trees are going to be a major problem.
so,i will leave that decision to the office.
just goes to show,no matter what the problem,someone on here will know the answer!!

This may prove to be handy to anyone coming to scotland
freightscotland.co.uk/restrictions.aspx

Bridge height guide for Ireland.

Best to print this off to see it properly. Not an exhaustive list but covers the National roads (A-Roads)

irishrail.ie/bridgeheights/p … eights.pdf