Low Bridge Map

Probably been on here before, but I found this whilst playing on Google Maps-
maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en … 908691&z=6

Thanks for that, any idea how to make them show in the google maps app…?

Handy for the young ‘uns. I’m old school and have a good ol’ fashion atlas!!! Heights and weights.

Treat yourself.

TomTom Truck 5150 is the real deal.

Excellent post, will use that.
This is what trucknet is supposed to be for.

Snarley:
Excellent post, will use that.
This is what trucknet is supposed to be for.

+1

No it is not what trucknet is for. Trucknet isn’t supposed to be helpful and informative. Please remove this thread now.:wink:

I live in St.Helens and already I can see 5 low bridges that are not on there

Theres a 15ft3 bridge marked in Diss Norfolk on the main road that is on there. :confused:
There is a 10ft3 bridge on the topside of an industrial estate and nr a Frontier grain depot (300yds) that isnt on there. And by what redbob says as well about St Helens… its handy but not to be taken that ALL low bridges are on there.

Pimpdaddy:
Thanks for that, any idea how to make them show in the google maps app…?

No, just tried it on my phone & there doesn’t seem to be a setting in the App.

If you click the link in the first post, it comes up in Safari with all the heights (that its got stored)
It not a comprehensive list but might be useful if you’ve got a signal & all else has failed ! LOL !

Don’t know how much of an impact it will have, but the last time this list was updated was January 2011. Still a good map though :slight_smile:

redbob:
I live in St.Helens and already I can see 5 low bridges that are not on there

loads of bridges in the Glasgow area missing too

There’s one near me that’s labeled 16’!!! What’s the point of that :open_mouth:

:

In case there’s a vehicle higher than 16’ ?

DJC:

:

:unamused: :laughing:

I saw a bridge in Cardiff yesterday marked up with a red triangle as 17’. I presume this is to cover any high loads coming out of the docks?

redbob:

DJC:

:

:unamused: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any bridge under 16’ 6" must be signed.

scaniason:
I saw a bridge in Cardiff yesterday marked up with a red triangle as 17’. I presume this is to cover any high loads coming out of the docks?

Yep, the bridges on the A50 near Stoke are all marked up (16’ 9" etc) for all the abnormal loads coming out of JCB

DJC:
Don’t know how much of an impact it will have, but the last time this list was updated was January 2011. Still a good map though :slight_smile:

I’d hesitate to say it was “good” - The first one I thought of near me is only 11’ 3" and at first sight it doesn’t appear to be flagged on that map at all (just off the A5 at Long Buckby Wharf). Checking a bit further and I can see that the bridge in question appears to have been misidentified as the one at Long Buckby railway station (which is actually 15’ 3"). Could be a bit of a bugger if you were heading for the industrial estate that is located between the two bridges…

Well, compared to truck atlases it’s got a good majority of them, and free of charge.

I’ve just found 2 local to me that aren’t listed on there though. One at 11’ 9" another at 8’ 9"