C+E Training

Hi guys and gerls.

If anyone had noticed my signature, I start my C+E training tomorrow with my test on Tuesday.
I have read all the advice that has been going on in the last month or so.

I had driven these for 3 months around Stirling area.

On the assessment for it was to couple and uncouple and reverse in a straight line, which I can do.
Done some revering in side streets with lots of moving forward and back(getting better when left).
It should be the same principle as that but bigger and no back window to look out of when reversing.
Anything else I should be wary of except mirrors, mirrors, and more mirrors.

Good luck with your training and test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete

Day 1
Went for a drive around a industrial estate, went to town centre and done some general driving, then a break.
Away and done some reversing and more general driving.
Got back to were my car was and had a debrief.
Only hit 1 kerb all day.

Was told that my driving and revering was good and didn’t need much practising reversing.

Tomorrow is the uncouple and recouple with more general driving.

Eat My BB:

Was that for a company with L plates on it?

Eat My BB wrote:I had driven these for 3 months around Stirling area.

When I read the OP I thought it must have been a C1 - probably driven on grandfather rights. Looking again, it does look a bit on the heavy side though.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Eat My BB:

No L plates as I have grandfather right to C1E like what Pete said.
Total weight of the mini artic was 8250kg.

The C1E changed about 6 years ago so it was done by weight rather than 7500kg + 750kg trailer as all other category are.

C1+E on a pre 97 has been max 8250 kg total plated MAM weight for much more than 6 years

Was that plated at 8250 :question: = plated weight of unit + plated weight of trailer

ROG:
C1+E on a pre 97 has been max 8250 kg total plated MAM weight for much more than 6 years

Was that plated at 8250 :question: = plated weight of unit + plated weight of trailer

I was only going by what I was told about the C1E getting changed about 6 years ago.

Yet the MAM was plated at 8250kg