C&E Training brought forward

Just thought i’d let those who wish to know that my C&E training which I was due to be starting today, which then got put back due to matters out of my control to the end of May, is now starting this Thursday 23rd with my test on Wednesday 29th at 09.45am. Doing it with J Coates and test will be out of Weedon. Can’t wait :smiley:

Did you do your C with Coates and test out of Weedon :question:

Time to look at the artic training tips again :question: :bulb:

Tested out of weedon with the lovely folks at sterling :unamused: my instructor was a diamond. Yep certainly will be looking at the tips and asking advice from you folks if something doesn’t sit quite right with me etc, so looking forward to it :smiley:

Did you have a range change gearbox for C or have you got to learn that as well :question:

I learnt in an ‘eight with a gate’ slapover system which I believe Coates Mercs have got■■?

garnerlives:
I learnt in an ‘eight with a gate’ slapover system which I believe Coates Mercs have got■■?

Cannot remember what the gearbox set up is in the artic but whatever, if you can do a ‘slap box’ then either a splitter or a 4 over 4 range change will be just as easy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

best of luck mate

Hey, Mr. Garner

With a bit of luck, you’ll be arriving at Peterborough, the proud owner of a new bendy licence! :sunglasses:

(at least, whenever the DVLA get round to sending it back with the new entitlements on… :unamused: )

Sounds like you’re going to have a fun week - it’s about time you had something to look forward to.

Enjoy and let us know how it all goes! :smiley:

LoadsOfHorses:
Hey, Mr. Garner

With a bit of luck, you’ll be arriving at Peterborough, the proud owner of a new bendy licence! :sunglasses:

(at least, whenever the DVLA get round to sending it back with the new entitlements on… :unamused: )

Sounds like you’re going to have a fun week - it’s about time you had something to look forward to.

Enjoy and let us know how it all goes! :smiley:

And with two days of work thrown in before I start the course too admittedly its only on the on vans but at 8quid an hour I’m not going to complain, much better than the square root of ■■■■ all which I’ve had for too long now :exclamation:

Cheers guys I’ll give it my best and lets see what happens, I’ll do a bloggy type thing which I didn’t do with my C as I’d not found this wonderful site at the time. Fingers crossed :open_mouth:

Garner,

did you get work via Drivers direct? and what company are you temping for?

No mate I’m in with DHL thru an agency my wifes mates dad owns. Didnt contact the agencies you or Jeff gave me as the day after we spoke the gal from this agency[she must have been spyin on the chatroom :open_mouth: ] who had supposedly been trying to get me for two months or so said she’d finally got me summat which she has so thought i’d hold fire until after my test before contacting all the agencies again which i will do to say I’ve got my C&E aswell and see what they all tell me then, if nothing comes from that, then at least I’ll still have this ongoing van stuff so won’t be so worried if the agencies give me the cold shoulder. But the number is saved on my agencies contact list, which is now over a page and a half on word on the comp :open_mouth:

hi garner , best of luck with your training mate i passed my artic out of weeden , Northampton is a great place to learn c + e you will enjoy it . Just keep remembering those mirrors , mirrors , mirrors :wink:

It starts tomorrow, feel nervous, apprehensive too but i’m going to give it my best shot and see what happens, i’ll keep you updated and hope to do you all proud :stuck_out_tongue:

Go and enjoy it, and the very best of luck to you. And if you want any advice for the reversing exercise - don’t ask me FFS! :laughing:

Good luck easier than class 2 bigger they are the easier to drive just watch for the trailer cutting in !!! can we have a daily update please ■■?