c+e day 1

well the day eventually arrived ive managed to master the reversing and getting in to the box i have to confess i have done alot of shunting so the reversing is not bad for me i had a near miss though i was driving along a road and there was a parked car on the left so i positioned myself on the road to pass it and there was a junction on the rite and i saw the car approaching the junction but didnt look my way and came straight out towards me the woman just stared at me as if i shouldnt be there can any1 tell me who was to blame there if we had a collision but apart from that was pleased with the drive il try and get some pics for you all tommorow oh well all rite more for you tommorow take care all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]

jokey g:
well the day eventually arrived ive managed to master the reversing and getting in to the box i have to confess i have done alot of shunting so the reversing is not bad for me i had a near miss though i was driving along a road and there was a parked car on the left so i positioned myself on the road to pass it and there was a junction on the rite and i saw the car approaching the junction but didnt look my way and came straight out towards me the woman just stared at me as if i shouldnt be there can any1 tell me who was to blame there if we had a collision but apart from that was pleased with the drive il try and get some pics for you all tommorow oh well all rite more for you tommorow take care all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[/quote]

They should look left and right before they pull out on to a major road.

You are a potential pro driver so you should see the hazard early and respond.

But they are in the wrong for pulling out without looking both way’s.

good luck m8, my test is on thursday…

They should look left and right before they pull out on to a major road.

But they dont always do that so YOU have to expect the worse and be prepared to handle it.

You are a potential pro driver so you should see the hazard early and respond.

Exactly. Refer back to my first point.

But they are in the wrong for pulling out without looking both way’s.

True but the examiner could easily fail you if you had not responded correctly and given way, or stopped without slamming the brake, or slowed and manouvred around etc.
Remember it is YOU who is showing the examiner that you deserve a professional licence. It is YOU who is being tested. It is YOU who has had the advantage of top class LGV training - not the moron in the mini.
(or ■■■■■■ or Fiesta or whatever)

hope all goes well with your test on thursday m8 how you finding it so far alot diffrent fom rigid dont you think well good luck

ive found it more easy than i thought. TBH
the turning circle for starters, and the fact i havent spun my hands round the steering whel, yet in a rigid im always doing it…