C B Radio fault

hash all the time any ideas ,I have mag mount…thank you

What’s the signal meter reading?

Are you hearing anyone else?

What motor do you drive?

Ken.

mirror mount, or gutter mount. bin the mag mount.

invertor causes major hash probs as well, they are used insted of droppers

Thank you, Volvo, had no meter on it, it transmits and recieves

limeyphil:
mirror mount, or gutter mount. bin the mag mount.

Not necessarily so.

The most common cause for mag mount failure, is water gets into the base because they’re not sealed properly, and it corrodes the feeder cable. (Coax.)

I have a mag mount on the back of my car for my ham radio set up which has been there for about 3 years, and within weeks of getting it, it went ■■■■ up, but re-soldering the cable, and sealing the entry point with silicone, and facing the entry point towards the rear of the bootlid has meant it has worked ■■■■ on ever since.

The mag mount needs putting where there is less chance of the elements getting to it. Under a roof spoiler for example, (With a small hole drilled into the roof spoiler and the antenna stuck through it.) or on the back of the cab near the top with a 90degree flexible joint, and the cable entry point facing down.

Either way, it is important to face the feeder cable entry away from the wind and rain, and to seal it.

Ken.

The truck has a mount with wire but it only reaches next to digi tacho so I would have to use join because I like the cb on bonnet but may be I will have to move it

does this hash give any signal on the meter…could be theres no one on there…are yer swr’d in ?

are you using the squelch knob

Thanks all, I will get a swr meter on it and use volvo wire, I will let you all know if I dont blow myself up

hitch:

thats a bit harsh hitch :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

hitch:

thats a bit harsh hitch :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Quality post Alex. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not bad for a container driver.

Ken.