Help cb troubles

my mate fitted his new cb in today together with a new mag mount but he cant send out or receive ? even with my truck across the yard he couldnt hear me & i couldn’t hear him, he got power , squelch, & channel change no problem , any idea’s ? thanks

Does the Ariel not need to be “sward” in ?
Been a while since my cb worked some nice person stole my mag mount and Ariel !
Never bothered replacing it.
Does he get any sound ? It static

Does the Ariel not need to be “sward” in ?
Been a while since my cb worked some nice person stole my mag mount and Ariel !
Never bothered replacing it.
Does he get any sound ? It static

sword in ?
in the past , i’ve put mine in, arial in & i’m up & going unfortunately i’m at a bit of a loss :confused:

Has it a ‘pa’ switch? mike problem? at short distance they will work with a snapped off twig.

its not a duel band cb by any chance and ones on eu and the other on uk :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

yes it is dual band & have tried it on both & has no PA switch ,thought about the mike & have lent him an old set of mine to try & if it’s compatable swap the mikes to try, thanks for the replies

have you changed it to uk they normally come set on eu read manual and it should tell you how to do this

The aerial has to be earthed to the frame(negative side of the supply) to transmit the signal.As the cab is on rubber mounts both on the tilt bosses and the cab rear dampers it does not have the full circuit,run a wire down the co axe to the rear of the cb unit body to complete the circuit.

Nearly all trucks now are insulated frame so all circuits need a return line.Just wrap a bit of wire around the aerial wire which touches the magnetic base of the aerial and fastened to the cb unit frame.

Bking:
The aerial has to be earthed to the frame(negative side of the supply) to transmit the signal.As the cab is on rubber mounts both on the tilt bosses and the cab rear dampers it does not have the full circuit,run a wire down the co axe to the rear of the cb unit body to complete the circuit.

Nearly all trucks now are insulated frame so all circuits need a return line.Just wrap a bit of wire around the aerial wire which touches the magnetic base of the aerial and fastened to the cb unit frame.

Thats the problem with lot of the trucks over here. Yes they come fitted but not earthed right

I had a similar problem until I hit the switch marked local/dx :blush: :blush:

Worked a treat then :grimacing:

Bking:

Don’t get that at all. My mag mount had a rubber cover to protect the paint work, and surely the coax shield is connected to the neg. side at the twig and the base unit?
Try taping a neon bulb to the arial that glows when power is being transmitted properly.

MolePower:
sword in ?

He means SWR,ed

rightchannelradios.com/cb-an … -explained

Where do you have the RFgain set ? Earthing isnt that important i had a biscuit tin in my bedroom years ago with a moonraker ariel on it and a maxcom 30e cb it boomed out.SWR setting shoudnt matter across the yard.

does the needle on the cb meter(if its got one) go up when you press the mike to transmit ? if it does then the problem is with the coax or the ariel, or one of you is on eu band and other on uk

If you’re in the same yard, why not just park a bit closer and talk to eachother??.. :smiley:

if they are both modern cb’s compare the frequency readouts if they both have them to make sure you are on the same band :smiley:

Chan. 19 … 27.78125 MHz

NiceRoadTrucker:
If you’re in the same yard, why not just park a bit closer and talk to eachother??.. :smiley:

2 tin cans and a length of string? :laughing:

Bking:
The aerial has to be earthed to the frame(negative side of the supply) to transmit the signal.

No it doesn’t.