CB Radio problem

I’ve just changed trucks and have swapped my cb radio over into the other wagon, I’ve got it all set up as I had in the previous truck but I seem to be getting a lot of interference on every channel - would this be an earth problem ■■
I am currently using a mirror mount and if this was an earth problem, if I was to run a piece of wire from a bolt on the mirror mount to a good earth on the truck would this get rid of the problem ■■
I’ve got no idea if this would work or not- in my old truck the whole set up worked fine !!
Thanks

Sorry not sure why this has been posted twice ■■

hiya pal,have you got a fibre glass cab? a similar thing happened with my dads cb,we ended up using a gutter mount an just scratching a little bit of paint off the chassis and mounting it on the chassis behind the cab,right as a bobbin after that :slight_smile: failing that, the gutter mount with the ground plains and a modulator aerial is a good combo? hope this helps mate :slight_smile:

run a wire from the arial mount (earth) to the batteries earth and see if it improves - if it does, just do a tidier job of it and problem solved :wink: if not, report back. Have you swr’d it? well worth doing.

what truck is it??, do you have any inverter in the cab “cheap mans dropper” as inverters will give you a lot of nosie and you will only seem to get out say mile and you carnt here anyone further either? its not earths or antenna probs or even swr its all down to truck manufacturers fitting inverters and not the old fashion droppers and the only true cure it to cut the inverter out completely other wise you will have to live with the 7lb+ of hash noise what you are getting through your set :wink:

chuckle:
hiya pal,have you got a fibre glass cab? a similar thing happened with my dads cb,we ended up using a gutter mount an just scratching a little bit of paint off the chassis and mounting it on the chassis behind the cab,right as a bobbin after that :slight_smile: failing that, the gutter mount with the ground plains and a modulator aerial is a good combo? hope this helps mate :slight_smile:

exactly what i did, i had a fibreglass roof on the ssc i had where the cb areial was fitted, i did the same with the gutter mount at the back of the cab and i was getting out brilliantly.

One of these made all the difference for me:

4x4cb.com/public/item.cfm?itemID=972

move your dropper away from the cb.
put a capacitor on the live wire.
wrap the live round a large magnate.
make sure you have a good negative contact.
make sure your aerial has a good earth.

before doing the above start with the basics
is everything connected as it should be
does appliance have a mic gain if so turn fully to the right

as with all mechanical / electrical problems start at the beginning
and work thru systematically