Burnt out trailer on M5

Last night at 21:50 police closed M5 northbound at jct 11 to jct 8. Luckily I was right there as they closed it and did not get stuck in tailback although the truck parade through Cheltenham was something to see, in all directions before a diversion was set up.
Onthe way south bound this morning was still closed north bound and I could see burnt out trailer on opposite carriageway, looked like the legs were down so I assume the tractor unit was pulled away.
Trailer remains was just a skeleton sitting on the rims amongst the salvage crew.
Hope it was only trailer burn out.
Anyone know any more?

yes only trailer burnt out,it was a double deck trailer. the driver got the unit out in time. he was on way up to upn hub with 52 pallets on, and two of them was batteries. the trailer was only 18 months old.

Anyone know who’s it was?

How many of us would just leave the unit attached to watch that go up too? :laughing:

Steve-o:
How many of us would just leave the unit attached to watch that go up too? :laughing:

This came up on my ADR - apparently we have to try and uncouple the unit of safe to do so, but as ND have Renaults “the heat made it impossible to uncouple” :wink:

DAF95XF:

Steve-o:

This came up on my ADR - apparently we have to try and uncouple the unit of safe to do so, but as ND have Renaults “the heat made it impossible to uncouple” :wink:

Pull the pin and drop it on it’s knees just for the hell of it lol

leave it hooked up and fan the flames :open_mouth: fingers crossed it takes the pile of tripe with it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

Depends what the unit was, a Iveco I would just leave to melt :stuck_out_tongue: Scania probably too, Merc maybe, Daf I would probably save, I like the manual gearboxes :slight_smile: Would get burned to save a nice Volvo :smiley:

Lycanthrope:

Steve-o:

Depends what the unit was, a Iveco I would just leave to melt :stuck_out_tongue: Scania probably too, Merc maybe, Daf I would probably save, I like the manual gearboxes :slight_smile: Would get burned to save a nice Volvo :smiley:

id have to agree with you on that except id let the scanny go.

daf defo save mayby even if it was an auto. volvo would get saved. merc would if it was an acrtos megaspace.if its an axor id leave it.

then some numpty would be reporting you for not doing it the correct way :open_mouth:
flat ground - handbreak - engine off - keys out -trailer park break on - legs down - Spead unit from trailer - uncouple suzies and store - remove number plate - pull pin - back into cab using 3 points of contact - start engine - check round mirrors - pull forward slowly ensuring the trailer sits correctly on the ground. :unamused:
sod it red line pin and go :wink: :wink: :wink:

he had a DAF unit on it. anyone know someone with a spare step deck trailer which we can have for a few weeks.

Steve-o:

DAF95XF:

Steve-o:

Pull the pin and drop it on it’s knees just for the hell of it lol

Then get a bollocking for not dropping the trailer in the correct way :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: