Bulk Fuel price

Was talking with 2 other guys locally yesterday who run 2 trucks each, and we were talking about installing our own bulk storage tank, and buying a 30,000 litre artic load at a time, do any of you guys who run big fleets do this, and whats the usual price diff between fuel card and bulk purchase.

Big Joe:
Was talking with 2 other guys locally yesterday who run 2 trucks each, and we were talking about installing our own bulk storage tank, and buying a 30,000 litre artic load at a time, do any of you guys who run big fleets do this, and whats the usual price diff between fuel card and bulk purchase.

My Mate was saying he got quoted £1.04 last week for bulk (Fairly big fleet too) Dearer than most cards. :unamused:

Big Joe:

There used to be guy in Nottingham who worked for “Total” before being made redundant, who used to buy on behalf of a mob of hauliers, the bulk buying was said to be advantageous, he bought in 150.000 litre lots, the saving was enough to pay him a wedge :open_mouth:

BUT, as usual, there were a number of hauliers who were slow to pay him, and, the idea went ■■■■ up IIRC :unamused:

I think you have to buy many artics worth at a time for it to be worth it, just buying one artic load at a time wouldn’t provide anough of a saving, maybe a couple of pence over a card and you’ve got the cost of the tank and all that money ■■■■■■■ in diesel.

As an example you could pre buy half a million litres at a time say having it delivered as you need it which would give you enough of a discount over card prices for it to be worth it and then if the price goes up you’ve won but if the price goes down you’ve lost although not much chance of that happening.

If you’ve got enough dough to be stumping 30grand upfront for your fuel then you are making so much cash you don’t need to save a few pence per litre. :wink:

Big Joe:

The yard where I park has 36,000 litres delivered usually but the savings are 2-3 pence per litre which in my mind as an OD or small haulier cooperative type thing is a waste of time, plus its a magnet for tea-leaves, we’ve had fuel thieves weekly for the last few months but local plod have caught someone they reckon so fingers crossed. There has been a full hit of bio diesel delivered recently but thats been the biggest false economy of all as most of the trucks are breaking down due to a bug in the fuel, I towed an 08 Scania in last Friday its took a week to sort it out & most of the MANs are having fuel filters changed weekly, I’ll bet there has been 15-20 breakdowns in the last few weeks all to save tuppence per litre.

Fly sheet

hammer:
If you’ve got enough dough to be stumping 30grand upfront for your fuel then you are making so much cash you don’t need to save a few pence per litre. :wink:

Don’t believe it :confused: I’m looking at all ways to try and keep the job going, like has been said, just for a few pence its a non runner :cry:

Big Joe:

hammer:

Don’t believe it :confused: I’m looking at all ways to try and keep the job going, like has been said, just for a few pence its a non runner :cry:

Would I see your comments on another, non transport forum Big Joe?
Or do you have a double?

renaultman:
Or do you have a double?

Yes, just trying to keep those tractor boys in order :grimacing: , theres a few on here who are on there too :wink:

Big Joe:

renaultman:
Or do you have a double?

Yes, just trying to keep those tractor boys in order :grimacing: , theres a few on here who are on there too :wink:

:laughing: I just browse on there
I think you might have delivered a combine to us about 4 years ago.

renaultman:
I think you might have delivered a combine to us about 4 years ago.

Where a bouts? :confused:

Big Joe:

renaultman:
Or do you have a double?

Wheres this tractor forum :question:
Help out a large Agri Contractor here in Co.Down during the busy Summer months,we’re looking forward to a new Claas 970 forager arriving soon. :sunglasses:

Ref the bulk fuel:
Have you thought about getting a cheap artic tanker and getting the boat over to here and driving down to South Armagh for a cheap load :question: :grimacing:

Big Truck:

Big Joe:

renaultman:
Or do you have a double?

Help out a large Agri Contractor here in Co.Down during the busy Summer months,we’re looking forward to a new Claas 970 forager arriving soon. :sunglasses:

Ref the bulk fuel:
Have you thought about getting a cheap artic tanker and getting the boat over to here and driving down to South Armagh for a cheap load :question: :grimacing:

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/index.php apologies if not allowed mods

renaultman:

Big Truck:

Big Joe:

renaultman:
Or do you have a double?

Ref the bulk fuel:

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/index.php apologies if not allowed mods

Cheers. :wink: