Advice on Fuel Cards

Right guys, I previously bought fuel by the tanker, my new company will be using fuel cards are we wont be buying enough to warrant putting a fuel tank on the premises. I am looking for advice and also how many different cards I should apply for, buying about 2000 - 2500 a week . I want to play the fuel companies off against one another.

Thanks

Willie

ayup wil,i’d definatley have the red uk card,not always the best rate quoted every week as many posts on here will show,but you get your free roadside recovery with it,which i didn’t realise until recently.i also use keyfuels as part of my contract with the “big-boys” i do majority of my work with. :laughing:IGNORE THE FREE RECOVERY BIT!!! i just found out it’s not free,but reasonably priced. :unamused: :blush: :blush: :blush:

better off buying fuel using credit card its cheaper you also get end of month credit instead of 14 days d debit with fuel card companies.

Ive noticed a lot of credit cards doing a % cashback for buying fuel… Dunno if it will apply to businesses but egg was offering 2% cashback.

willie_mac:
Right guys, I previously bought fuel by the tanker, my new company will be using fuel cards are we wont be buying enough to warrant putting a fuel tank on the premises. I am looking for advice and also how many different cards I should apply for, buying about 2000 - 2500 a week . I want to play the fuel companies off against one another.

Thanks

Willie

I use 3 companies :wink:

Red (Bunker and BP)
Fuelcard Express (Bunker and Shell)
Smartdiesel
and an Allstar card in case I see cheap prices at the pumps

although if you’re issuing the cards to Drivers you might want too keep it simpler than that :wink:

I’d start with 2 - just enough to keep them on their toes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AS 24 have a good price but bunkering is limited in uk

We are using IDS at the moment, like AS24 they dont have too many sites in the UK we tend to use Whitwood or Chesterfield… the Euro cards do seem to be fairer with the prices though at the moment for whatever reason

LEEDSTRUCKA:
We are using IDS at the moment, like AS24 they dont have too many sites in the UK we tend to use Whitwood or Chesterfield… the Euro cards do seem to be fairer with the prices though at the moment for whatever reason

Now then Leeds Trucka, hows the new contract going? must meet up for beers soon, maybe Whitwood truck stop?? I’ll inform Mr Eglen…

I have two cards and a credit card.

I’ve got Red (82.82ppl this week) and Croft (81.98 ppl this week). However, I pay them every week. Its good cos’ you know where you are and generally I find them cheaper than at the pump.

I use the credit card if (when :blush: ) cash flow starts to pinch cos’ I get a months credit and its obviously good when the price at the pump is lower. :wink:

Playing em’ off is definatly the way though, good luck to you. :wink:

sammy dog:
better off buying fuel using credit card its cheaper you also get end of month credit instead of 14 days d debit with fuel card companies.

How can a credit card be cheaper when you are paying pump prices? Ive never paid pump prices with a fuel card for years always cheaper. Have three or four diffrent fuel cards and use the cheapest each week you find they will try to give you a lower price than their competitors

We have Red, keyfuels and shell. Start of the week we are told which to try and use, been shell this week.

shell credit card pays 3% cashback on all shell fuel in UK
and 1% on everything else