Bulk freight ltd

Does anyone know anything about these and what are they like to work for.?
fred-sherwood.co.uk/
Their website says earnings around 30k.Or is it just a made up number?

Cheers
Tonyb

It’s probably ‘possible’ but whether it 's ‘likely’ is another matter

they always say they are looking for drivers but never have vacancies :unamused:

I phoned them about a job as seen on their website after a couple of calls they said just the man for the job done landfill done tippers used pto"s and hydrolics etc call you back on Monday about starting for George Varney another part of the group.All good yes ? that was a year ago still waiting for that call :open_mouth:

The job that iv’e seen is.They might be opening a new depot in my area.I saw the operator license application in the local paper.

Tonyb

I have known a few good lads who worked for Bulk Freight, and they all said it was a good firm to work for but you earn every penny.

I used to do the same kind of work as Bulkfreight, they also collected out of the same place as me.

bulk ejector trailers on landfill work.

The lads seemed happy, think they were on percentage IIRC.
Still see a few about, they use channel 22 on the CB might be worth having a chat if you are on air yourself.

I remember subbin for BF in the late 90s, one of there drivers and a truck had to be taken off the road for a couple of weeks, as he had used up all his tachos for that period, a good exapmle why percentage earnings are not a very good idea.

the big un:
I phoned them about a job as seen on their website after a couple of calls they said just the man for the job done landfill done tippers used pto"s and hydrolics etc call you back on Monday about starting for George Varney another part of the group.All good yes ? that was a year ago still waiting for that call :open_mouth:

a year ago varneys didnt have any motors, their first on went on the road summer just gone!!! :unamused:

chunkytransport:

the big un:

a year ago varneys didnt have any motors, their first on went on the road summer just gone!!! :unamused:

Varneys have been going for years on the grain haulage when i spoke to Vic he said they had a couple of blue Scanias running about unwritten.The Volvo FM Globetrotter in the same colours as Sherwoodsi was talking to the driver last week in there yard i was at Brian Curries in there yard having my Daf sorted.Varneys have pulling stuff for the company i work for years apparentley

the big un:

chunkytransport:

the big un:

Varneys have been going for years on the grain haulage when i spoke to Vic he said they had a couple of blue Scanias running about unwritten.The Volvo FM Globetrotter in the same colours as Sherwoodsi was talking to the driver last week in there yard i was at Brian Curries in there yard having my Daf sorted.Varneys have pulling stuff for the company i work for years apparentley

ive known will smith at varneys for 8 years, pete for 3 and i worked for them for 2, i know what im talking about, they have been going for years but with subbies :blush:

chunkytransport:

the big un:

chunkytransport:

the big un:

ive known will smith at varneys for 8 years, pete for 3 and i worked for them for 2, i know what im talking about, they have been going for years but with subbies :blush:

sherwoods varnies etc are all the same company and may well do a spot of work for varneys, i know a bloke who has an fm in sherwoods colours and a battered trailer that does non ukasta work for varneys, they put a red varney daf on the road around jul 09

I saw bulkers with the Varney name on them in the late 90s and early 2000s -were they the same ones :question:

ROG:
I saw bulkers with the Varney name on them in the late 90s and early 2000s -were they the same ones :question:

yes, but then they stopped their own lorries until 2009

I must admit the trailer on the Varney looked quite new when i saw it but may be wrong but i only see things in the dark working at night :blush:

in any case, the likes of varneys fermac and hargreaves have cut their own throats, we used to do cliker from rugby to rochester for 18 to 20 quid a ton, then fermac nicked it then hargreaves then varneys now fermac and its down to around 7 or 8 i believe :cry:

the big un:
I must admit the trailer on the Varney looked quite new when i saw it but may be wrong but i only see things in the dark working at night :blush:

they used to do trailer hire, maybe it was their trailer but if you used yourown trailer on varneys they insist on having a ukasta trailer number with varney written on the sticker

I think Fermac have just undercut Varneys on our job on the harvest.But we also use R.Adams and Warcups for out bound deliveries

the big un:
I think Fermac have just undercut Varneys on our job on the harvest.But we also use R.Adams and Warcups for out bound deliveries

sounds about right, they bought out ek benton over the summer, what job did they undercut, i can find out

They were on the grain harvest for CJ Grain its just finish that but they still do odd work for them i think