Fred Sherwood

Good evening,

My friend rob as just bagged a job at bulk freight garforth, he starts his training on Monday. It’s tramping 4 nights a away.
All I know they remove waste, plus walking floor

Thanks

I heard that they used to get paid £20 per load, so they had to do 5 a day for £100, or 10 a day for £200 (Dream on :unamused: )
Trouble is-
some of the distances are further than you think.
some of the queues at the tips & transfer stations are longer than you think.
breakdowns/tyres are more frequent than you think.

Its not the cleanest job in the world, when I was doing it for FR Cawleys in Wolverton, I got home every night & had a proper shower, not a wet wipe shower in a layby. :wink:

Not sure how they pay their drivers now though, although I think you have to speak Polish as your 1st language. :laughing:

Right then, martinviking, before you start chatting ■■■■■ about Sherwood’s, knowing nothing about the firm and slandering, sorry libelling them, here goes… Firstly, £20 per load is absolute rubbish, you get a basic wage OR a percentage whichever is higher. All of the jobs pay a different rate, I clear very, VERY good money each week. Monday to Friday only and the sort if wedge it would take you TWO WEEKS to clear in some jobs. Yes we’re out all week, yes it can be dirty, but it’s the first fully legal job I’ve had in 18 years of driving, the kit is well maintained, well kitted out, fridges/microwaves etc. not the biggest cabs on the market granted, but it’s all good. The company is flexible, family always come first and if you need to be home, you are!!! I topped over £35k last year +night’s out with no weekends, no bank holidays and the whole of Christmas off!!! Before you start slating the firm who you clearly know nothing about, do your homework!!! As for ‘you need to speak Polish to work there’. We have 8 or 9 Poles on the books out of 150ish drivers, all of which I would happily spend the evening with and all of which speak good English. To be fair, they’re better drivers and FRIENDS than many of the Brits on here!! I’ve been here seven years now and will quite happily do another seven!! Back in your box Pal and get your facts right before spouting off!! Oh and if you hadn’t noticed, ALL the motorway services have showers these day AND the truck stops!! We also get the privilege of decent clean showers at many of our customers sites, they’re not all ■■■■■■ little yards by the side of a viaduct!!!

Sent you pm sicknote

:laughing:
Liking an ■■■ getting owned :sunglasses:

Sherwood, did they get big quick? Or is it just that all of a sudden I noticed more of them?
Mostly down south though.

sicknote:
Right then, martinviking, before you start chatting [zb] about Sherwood’s, knowing nothing about the firm and slandering, sorry libelling them, here goes… Firstly, £20 per load is absolute rubbish, you get a basic wage OR a percentage whichever is higher. All of the jobs pay a different rate, I clear very, VERY good money each week. Monday to Friday only and the sort if wedge it would take you TWO WEEKS to clear in some jobs. Yes we’re out all week, yes it can be dirty, but it’s the first fully legal job I’ve had in 18 years of driving, the kit is well maintained, well kitted out, fridges/microwaves etc. not the biggest cabs on the market granted, but it’s all good. The company is flexible, family always come first and if you need to be home, you are!!! I topped over £35k last year +night’s out with no weekends, no bank holidays and the whole of Christmas off!!! Before you start slating the firm who you clearly know nothing about, do your homework!!! As for ‘you need to speak Polish to work there’. We have 8 or 9 Poles on the books out of 150ish drivers, all of which I would happily spend the evening with and all of which speak good English. To be fair, they’re better drivers and FRIENDS than many of the Brits on here!! I’ve been here seven years now and will quite happily do another seven!! Back in your box Pal and get your facts right before spouting off!! Oh and if you hadn’t noticed, ALL the motorway services have showers these day AND the truck stops!! We also get the privilege of decent clean showers at many of our customers sites, they’re not all [zb] little yards by the side of a viaduct!!!

Ok Mr Sicknote,

‘Calm down Timothy’

I did use the words ‘Used to’ that’s in the past sense,

I was doing the job in the late 90’s early 2000’s & that’s what I was referring too. At the time a lot of Polish Drivers were being recruited, I got to know a few of them & most were ok, I wasn’t Slagging them off, just pointing out something I noticed back then.

W

bulkfrieght is part of the fred Sherwood group, well said sicknote ,we are a small family business and ive got nothing but praise for fred sherwoods and that’s from experience not gossip or ■■■■■■■■.

I am ex Fred Sherwood group I was working for George Varney the grain tipper side of Sherwoods . I have no complaints at all with them as said by Sicknote the kits good and still improving the monies always there in the bank .
Seems a bit strange to slag a company off by using hearsay from 10-15 years ago mind each to there own

captain62:
Why is a post about Bulkfreight titled Fred Sherwood?

Sherwood’s bought them when they lost their O licence.
But I would say both would be running pretty clean these days.

sicknote:
but it’s the first fully legal job I’ve had in 18 years of driving

I don’t even know where to begin with that. Every company barring a couple that I’ve been to have been fully legal. And given I did well over a decade on agency as well as self employed, I’ve been to a fair few.

Conor:

sicknote:
but it’s the first fully legal job I’ve had in 18 years of driving

I don’t even know where to begin with that. Every company barring a couple that I’ve been to have been fully legal. And given I did well over a decade on agency as well as self employed, I’ve been to a fair few.

This business of running bent needs some clarification most people on here seem to think running bent is running from end of Europe to the other in one go etc, but it is also doing 40mph on an S/C or on the limiter on a D/C running bent is breaking any law that is relevant to the road haulage industry. Therefore I would hazard a guess that there is not one person on here who has not broken one of those laws in their time as a driver (Well maybe with the exception of Albion)

Let me just clarify what MOST drivers refer to as running bent… Interfering with tachos, tipping/loading off the card, using other people’s names/digi cards etc, running with no card, working 24hrs a day, seven days a week… The list goes on! If you’re going to pick holes by being all self righteous and saying that exceeding the 40/50 mph limits is running bent, then sadly you’re out of touch…

Trust me Conor, I’ve had more than my fair share of jobs in the UK and Holland and yes, nowadays most are running legal, but back in the day, running dodgy was part of the job. I’ve done a bit of agency work and worked with agency drivers and to be fair, no company in it’s right mind would ask someone they hardly know to do that little bit extra. These days I don’t think any company can afford to run silly like they used to, the only way is legal these days. I was simply referring to the time seven years ago when I started my current position, trust me it was a revelation lol

sicknote:
Let me just clarify what MOST drivers refer to as running bent… Interfering with tachos, tipping/loading off the card, using other people’s names/digi cards etc, running with no card, working 24hrs a day, seven days a week… The list goes on! If you’re going to pick holes by being all self righteous and saying that exceeding the 40/50 mph limits is running bent, then sadly you’re out of touch…

LOL I am not being self righteous about running bent far from it the comment was aimed at the poster who claimed never to have run bent in his life. Look at where I am from up until recently over here tachos were regarded as a minor inconvenience and those that wanted to run straight soon found that their job opportunities were very limited.

Apologies my friend, missed the sarcasm lol. I’ve a few friends in the north with the same view. As everything on here that’s written and not spoken, it’s easy to get the wrong end of the stick!! Sorry Pal, just thought you were another self righteous do gooder who hadn’t lived lol

sicknote:
Apologies my friend, missed the sarcasm lol. I’ve a few friends in the north with the same view. As everything on here that’s written and not spoken, it’s easy to get the wrong end of the stick!! Sorry Pal, just thought you were another self righteous do gooder who hadn’t lived lol

LOL apologies accepted but thank ■■■■ those days are mostly over don’t know why some firms went to the effort of buying sleeper cabs missed an opportunity to save themselves some money there although good for the re sale value 1 million km mileage but brand new mattress!

Sherwoods always look a smart operator to me, unlike one or two others in the same sector.

However I can never work out how one of the hallmarks of a good firm to work for is “the money’s always in the bank every week” or similar. How is an employer being good enough to pay you for your efforts an indicator of how good they are?!

There were enough of them parked at their HQ at Shepshed last night, and has been said, the kit was all very tidy, although most were G spec Scainas, they were all clean and tidy.

Ken.

On the minus side of things what about the drivers there who egnor each other, and don’t help each other out and who are very very ignorant, and drivers who pinch other peoples loads and push in :unamused: :unamused: I know this happens as I have friends who have worked there, and some still do :open_mouth: