Fred Sherwood

tango boy:
On the minus side of things what about the drivers there who egnor each other, and don’t help each other out and who are very very ignorant, and drivers who pinch other peoples loads and push in :unamused: :unamused: I know this happens as I have friends who have worked there, and some still do :open_mouth:

You have friends lol

Just kidding great mate :smiley: :smiley:

S

the big un:

tango boy:
On the minus side of things what about the drivers there who egnor each other, and don’t help each other out and who are very very ignorant, and drivers who pinch other peoples loads and push in :unamused: :unamused: I know this happens as I have friends who have worked there, and some still do :open_mouth:

You have friends lol

LOL Im referring to the waste side not the bulk :wink:

tango boy:

the big un:

tango boy:

You have friends lol

LOL Im referring to the waste side not the bulk :wink:

No me mate im on curtains and flats now no bulk for me now lol

mazzer:
This business of running bent needs some clarification most people on here seem to think running bent is running from end of Europe to the other in one go etc, but it is also doing 40mph on an S/C or on the limiter on a D/C running bent is breaking any law that is relevant to the road haulage industry. Therefore I would hazard a guess that there is not one person on here who has not broken one of those laws in their time as a driver (Well maybe with the exception of Albion)

However there is a distinction between something a driver chooses to do freely of their own volition and something a company asks/tells/demands/expects him to do. We’re talking about a company expecting him to do it.

Love it,yet again people on here that slag company’s off

fodean:
Love it,yet again people on here that slag company’s off

If your referring to me I wasn’t slagging the company off as I know nothing about them. BUT some of the drivers on there spoil it for the majority of really good ones!!!

I worked for Sherwood’s for 3 years 18 years ago and knew Alan,Ashley, Justin & Belinda Sherwood for a long time prior to that , they were and continue to be nothing less than a good family firm to work for , keep your head down ,look after your kit and they’ll look after you,if you drop a bollock accept the bollocking and move on , they’ve been abused by drivers taking advantage of there good nature but they won’t see good men in a mess , the money is good , the kit is good,the work can be dirty and hard ( if it was easy there’d be more at it) why did I leave? For the promise of something better,did it materialise ,no! Would I go back ,definitely,in fact a year after I left I was just about to go back when a post became available at my present firm and I took the job here,but if anything was to happen here I wouldn’t hesitate.

I’ve noticed Bulk freight have some really smart new volvos and aly trailers .

Dan Punchard:

Yes Dan bulk freight is ran by Ashley Sherwood and he’s really turned its image around those new FH’s look the part don’t they!

gickniff:

Dan Punchard:

Yes Dan bulk freight is ran by Ashley Sherwood and he’s really turned its image around those new FH’s look the part don’t they!

Saw one today in Wakefield, and clean is not the word I would have used.

Ken.

Quinny:

gickniff:

Dan Punchard:

Saw one today in Wakefield, and clean is not the word I would have used.

Ken.

Where’s there’s muck there’s brass kid.

Your not wrong in this case.

Ken.

gickniff:
I worked for Sherwood’s for 3 years 18 years ago and knew Alan,Ashley, Justin & Belinda Sherwood for a long time prior to that , they were and continue to be nothing less than a good family firm to work for , keep your head down ,look after your kit and they’ll look after you,if you drop a bollock accept the bollocking and move on , they’ve been abused by drivers taking advantage of there good nature but they won’t see good men in a mess , the money is good , the kit is good,the work can be dirty and hard ( if it was easy there’d be more at it) why did I leave? For the promise of something better,did it materialise ,no! Would I go back ,definitely,in fact a year after I left I was just about to go back when a post became available at my present firm and I took the job here,but if anything was to happen here I wouldn’t hesitate.

You tell em Nickos !
My uncle is the head chef in the cafe there, and he’s been there over 20 years !
And he doesn’t have a bad word to say about them !

What happenend to Andrew Sherwood ? His merc sk s used to come in to pisani with granite and marble slab in the tipper s from Italy.

gunnerheskey:
My uncle is the head chef in the cafe there, and he’s been there over 20 years !

Wonder if he was there on Friday night?

I had a right plateful of lamb curry, rice (Need my 5 portions a month. :laughing: ) and chips, and there was so much, I didn’t know whether to eat it, fight it, or…well you know the rest, and it was spot on. Then it was rude not to wash it down with a couple of pints of the black stuff.

Ken.

gunnerheskey:

gickniff:

You tell em Nickos !

One thing for sure, your uncle is a bloody top chef, I have had a lot of food in there over the years, always spot on.

I’ve got no complaints!

Quinny:

gunnerheskey:

Wonder if he was there on Friday night?

I had a right plateful of lamb curry, rice (Need my 5 portions a month. :laughing: ) and chips, and there was so much, I didn’t know whether to eat it, fight it, or…well you know the rest, and it was spot on. Then it was rude not to wash it down with a couple of pints of the black stuff.

Ken.

He does 5am til 2, but sets up the dinners for the day !

altitude:

gunnerheskey:

gickniff:

You tell em Nickos !

One thing for sure, your uncle is a bloody top chef, I have had a lot of food in there over the years, always spot on.

Without being biased, they are good dinners & breakfasts, or is it that they taste better cause they’re free :smiley: :smiley: