Buffalo freight

buffalo freight …
does anyone remember them or have any pictures ?

i have no idea why im asking other than a dim and distant memory just came flooding back from years ago when my step pappy was still driving , he came home one day in an ERF that belonged to them and i’m sure they where based in northern irland and moved hanging meat . i dont think he worked for them for long because i dont ever remember seeing it again . the only other thing i remember was that it was ■■■■■■■ powered and i think was a cream colour.

god i’m bored and i can do without sundays… :unamused:

That’s a blast from the past.I remember them coming through Holyhead.Seem to recall them as being Dublin based(but could be wrong).They were about in the days of Dublin Meat,Steerside,Transfreeze and Ferrywheel.

Sir +:
That’s a blast from the past.I remember them coming through Holyhead.Seem to recall them as being Dublin based(but could be wrong).They were about in the days of Dublin Meat,Steerside,Transfreeze and Ferrywheel.

so i was’nt imagining it then … god knows why that flashed into my head it must be an age thing… do you know anything about them .? are they still about ?

No,they’re long gone like the others I mentioned.Sorry.

I can remember Buffalo Freight and Lynx, try Ash’s 80’s thread there may be a pic on there.

Dieseldogsix:
I can remember Buffalo Freight and Lynx, try Ash’s 80’s thread there may be a pic on there.

been through ash’s 80’s thread a thousand times and never came across any but i’ll use it as an excuse to go through it again … :smiley:

If you go to Irish Rigs i,m sure they are on there , just of intrest i remember them my dad worked out of Irlande for Andrews & Bond at that time running for Halal meats all over europe, before he went to BET on tanks

bowser:

Dieseldogsix:

I remember these firms being around in the '70s,so I wouldn’t think Ash’s thread would reveal much.Now,here’s a thought.His book is finished,so lots of spare time :laughing: :laughing: .How about a 70s thread,Mr Coggins? :smiley: Still haven’t bought your book :blush: but I promise I will :slight_smile:

Might be a different firm, On Topruns site, loads of pics of Buffalo orient ? - ran Mercs to and internal M/E work.
Think they hailed from Notts ?