Brussels Permit?

Do I need a permit to take a 12.6m trailer into central Brussels ?

try phoning one of these following no,s they should be able to help out with a answer
and some one will speak english, the telephone code for Belgian is 0032, drop the 0
from the area code. hope this helps

District 1

Kolenmarkt 30

1000 Brussel

Tel: 02/279.77.11

Fax: 02/279.77.15

Uw wachtdienst is 24/24u open.

Leidend officier : Rodolphe Lauwers

District 2

Emile Bockstaellaan 244

1020 Brussel

Tel: 02/279.88.10

Fax: 02/279.88.25

Uw wachtdienst is 24u/24 open.

Leidend officier: Pierre Libaers

District 3

Collegestraat 1

1050 Brussel

Tel: 02/515.71.11

Fax: 02/515.71.99

Uw wachtdienst is 24u/24 open.

Leidend officier: Emile Vanlessen

Thanks, gave all three a call but none of them were 100% sure !!

No idea if it has changed in recent years but until about 5 years ago I regularly made deliveries in the centre of Brussels with a 13.6m trailer and no permit was required. We worked closely with a Belgian firm on these jobs and they sometimes had to arrange a parking place to be coned off for a day or two, for which we had documentation but no permit to actually get to or from the delivery.

The place my trucks delivering too has its own access road so no problems there and it should’nt disrupt traffic when parked up. The truck is Euro 4 so we should have no problems with that although as far as I know Belguim have not yet introduced low emmision zones.

Thanks again guys, I will let you know if I run into any problems.

I think the only thing you need is big ■■■■■■■■ and an idea of how to get under that tramline or low bridge.

owt under 4 meters should be signed up

go to the usa embasy in brussel city centre with a 13.6 m trl and no permit just eyes in the back of your head and remember trucks are not allowed thro the tunnels on the inner ring rd

malcolmj:
go to the usa embasy in brussel city centre with a 13.6 m trl and no permit just eyes in the back of your head and remember trucks are not allowed thro the tunnels on the inner ring rd

That is a right PITA.
The biggest problem in the centre is parking to do deliveries, we always got parking suspensions organised, but still had trouble getting parked as Belgians have no idea what any road signs mean :imp:
No problem for the OP as he has private road to park in