HGV Parking Brussels or Near

Hi guys, anybody know of parking facilities in the Brussels area or not too far away, and if there are any permits required to get into city centre. Gonna be stuck there over the weekend. Any assistance be much appreciated. :smiley:

jr-1:
Hi guys, anybody know of parking facilities in the Brussels area or not too far away, and if there are any permits required to get into city centre. Gonna be stuck there over the weekend. Any assistance be much appreciated. :smiley:

There is the industrial estate @ Zaventum near airport, (cargo terminal) or there is /was a truck stop nr waterloo, but i’m not sure on it’s exact location,

The 1st services north of Brussels, there is a train station behind it that takes you into the city centre. Never done it myself mind, just know somebody that used to go there regular to use the ahem nocturnal facilities provided by certain ladies of the night.

Go past brussels and around the ring road head for waterloo and take te 3rd waterloo exit you will come to a huge carrefor where you can park lorrys. Usually one or two there and there is a mcdonalds n restaurant there… Also waterloo isnt to far of a walk bout 15 mins

You have two choices,park on the motorway parking,then i used to get a bus to the city,by walking out of the parking area to the nearby village or town to get a bus.
Or park in the city,this is not a problem,i asked a copper,he said you can park trucks as long as you do not block a fire hydrant or an entrance,there was plenty of big spaces if you keep a look out,but near to the older part would be harder.

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your replies, very much appreciated,
gives me something to go on. Safe driving all :smiley:

I parked near the big flash HQ for the European parliament,where you pay your taxes to,then not far away was a Boulevard,like a park with old buildings,and big museums,i saw the tourist coaches parked all over the centre,no problems,the old quarter is worth a walk around,try a dark brown Lefes beer,but i would advice to remember where you have parked before having the Lefes.
The night life was lively too.

The general advice in Belgium is park where you want as long as it isn’t on a cycle path, or as already mentioned a fire hydrant. That was told to me by a Belgian resident :wink: