Brocker training

has anybody any had any problems with first class trucking.`ive had my cat c confirmation dates for three weeks ive got one week to go and i phoned the training provider and they still havnt recieved payment and that i may be turned away if payment hasnt been made? :cry:

There are plenty of posts about brokers on here and the pitfalls of applying through them.

I am not saying you will not get the training you have paid for. Just be warned you may have to go through a lot of red tape to get your money back if they fail to produce the funds.

Did you use a credit card to pay First Class? You may have that as a fall back if it all goes wrong.

Fingers crossed that they come up with the funds and don’t leave you in the ■■■■

A few years ago many LGV schools were left with large unpaid training bills from BROKERS (MIDDLEMEN) who packed up for whatever reasons so most have got wise and now insist that the money is paid to them before any training starts

The brokers want to hold onto your money for as long as possible so they get more interest from it

This can cause issues with training schedules as the schools do not want to risk not being paid and also do not want to have a course available with no trainee doing it

I don’t think a school can be blamed for rebooking a course to another trainee if the broker has not paid for the training at least 3 or 4 weeks in advance

Many that go through these brokers can also lose out on the amount of training as many schools will set a price for a 5 day course - lets say that is £1,000 - and the broker offers a course to the trainee for the same amount - well, something has to go because the broker wants their cut so either the price must go up or the amount of training days must come down

As many brokers do not want to be out priced then it’s the training time that gets reduced so the trainee ends up paying £1,000 for 4 days and not 5 days which could mean that the trainee ends up paying for retests because they did not have enough training to be test ready

Just taken a booking from a customer of a certain broker named in the OP. He paid £2000 for C and CE. He was eventually booked with a very poor trainer for his C and despite this passed his test. Now he expects to do his CE he’s been told he owes them £600 more and it aint happening without it. Alternatively they will refund £300 from his original £2000.

This sort of tale is not unheard of. Buyer beware!! :laughing: :laughing:

Save yourself a lot of time and hassle and just go direct. As the Smythster has written on here many times. Visit the training company 1st before you part with your hard earned cash
hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … -and-tips/

hgvlgvtraining

You need to pay them a visit and put some real pressure on them to sort your training quickly. From the info I have it is only a matter of time before things go really pear shaped if it has not already happened!

The reason for a broker delaying giving a course would not be because they are earning interest because the banks do not give interest anymore just charges! No it is because they have already spent the money on advertising and sales staff etc and they are simply not making any money so eventually they run out of it. Then they go bust and launch their new website and new name!

For me the trainers need to not give credit and this will put the pressure on them and eventually make the brain washed ex clearstone salesmen realise that the broker model does not work.

burnie1:
For me the trainers need to not give credit and this will put the pressure on them and eventually make the brain washed ex clearstone salesmen realise that the broker model does not work.

I agree with this but it will only work if virtually all the schools refuse to take any trainees from brokers - perhaps after a certain date so all will be well informed in advance

Those trainees must then do something else to find LGV training - how about directly calling the schools - now there’s an idea that worked very well before the internet brought the brokers :wink: :smiley: