Brewliners

Did,nt know where else to post this picture,This is one of brewliners f10,s one of 56 tractor units that they had plus 300 trailers at there depots in transport avenue brentford and leeds road huddersfield,and halifax brewery.They were watney mann trueman but they ran under the name brewliners as the management wanted them outside of the brewery.They were later taken over by courage who then were taken over by scottish and newcasle.

I remember seeing them around, word was it was one of the best paying jobs to get onto at that time!!! :wink:

Nice photo Boyzee. My mate had one of their old Volvos, they always looked nice. Good job too by all accounts.

bullitt:
I remember seeing them around, word was it was one of the best paying jobs to get onto at that time!!! :wink:

My last p60 in 1993 was 36k.I did,nt want to move to reading with them so i took my mony.It was a great firm to work for plus all the trucks were kept nice.When i got my redundentce i lent an ex owner driver on there the mony to by one of the f10,s,he worked it at reading for a while then sold it not giving me my mony back an i hav,nt seen him since.

boyzee:

bullitt:

My last p60 in 1993 was 36k.I did,nt want to move to reading with them so i took my mony.It was a great firm to work for plus all the trucks were kept nice.When i got my redundentce i lent an ex owner driver on there the mony to by one of the f10,s,he worked it at reading for a while then sold it not giving me my mony back an i hav,nt seen him since.

that was nice of him. :unamused: :open_mouth:

Found this clipping…thought it would go better on this thread

Cheers Marc.

bubbleman:
Found this clipping…thought it would go better on this thread

Cheers Marc.

Thanks for posting this.After the volvos they were replaced with these scanias.Brewliners were obsesed with weight,in the volvo,s the passenger seat was a lightweight non sprung seat,the fuel tank was really small even the air stack at the rear of the cab was removed plus air con,and lots of minor bits taken off.The scanias were the same built as light as possible.Just after the scania,s were delivered the brewliner logo was taken of and courage put on.

Brewliners, was formed when a big Austrialian brewery purchased fosters and courageand several small breweries, they were only interested in the brewing side of the business. Allied brewery was split up and all top brands of drinks they owned were diverted away and Carlsberg merged with them, for us Carlsberg driversit was a sorry day for us, for it was the best paid job in Northampton.
Sandman NOrman