Breakdown cover for commercials, advice sought please

Hi, have a 5.9T Merc and want to get breakdown cover for it but have drawn a blank!
AA and RAC dont do anything over 3.5T and despite spending hours on the web I cant find anyone that does.
If anyone knows of a company that do it, especially if they have had good or bad experiences could they please post below or pm me?
Thanks in advance,

Ps I`m based in the UK and the Merc is an old one (1987)-I mention that in case some companies have an age related policy for vehicles.

RAC Commercial These people will send out a locally based fitter to repair or recover on an adhoc basis, They freeze X amount on your credit card account and send you a invoice for works carried out. You just pay with a cheque 30 days later. they can be contacted on 0800 591111
I’ve used this service with greast results.

Truck Support Services These people will provide mechanical breakdown cover including recovery (you just pay for parts required) for a one off yearly or a monthly payment. I pay around £40 per month per vehicle (44 ton artics). Dirt cheap if one breaks down and has to be recovered. They can be contacted on 01300 349974

Cheers Tramper, much appreciated. Will look into those asap. Many thanks.

FMG support fella is the one you want…

look them up on the webb or contact 0800 626857

i am there West,south and parts of n.yorkshire agent…no registration fee to join although you will need an account.
deal is you ring they send out nearest independent garage HGV,we get a maximum of 90 minutes to get to you and they are keen mate.i also use them to provided cover for our out of area stuff.

What about Highway recovery or such as S&H recovery, i’m sure theres a few but you will need an account.

superbreaky:
Hi, have a 5.9T Merc and want to get breakdown cover for it but have drawn a blank!
Ps I`m based in the UK and the Merc is an old one (1987)-I mention that in case some companies have an age related policy for vehicles.

Why don’t you just open an account at your nearest Merc dealer then when you have a breakdown you call the main 0800 number they ask where your account is held and hey presto person with van arrives to get you on your way again. I’m sure there are cheaper ways of doing it but you do get somebody who knows a thing or two about your make of vehicle turn up and they will fit genuine parts.

R143-500:

superbreaky:

Why don’t you just open an account at your nearest Merc dealer then when you have a breakdown you call the main 0800 number they ask where your account is held and hey presto person with van arrives to get you on your way again. I’m sure there are cheaper ways of doing it but you do get somebody who knows a thing or two about your make of vehicle turn up and they will fit genuine parts.

I broke down 300metres from the Stoke Depot, I called Stoke and they said officially I had to ring MB24 hours as it was more than their knackers were worth to respond without officially being called out.
£130 callout charge just to send a van 300metres :unamused:

i also use rac commercial and found them very handy, having been turned over a couple of times by recovery firms i like the set hourly rates etc day n night that they offer and strangely if you use them for a blow out they are cheaper than ats direct who they send out to you :confused:
not heard of the credit card job, they just gave me a limit of 1k spose beyond that you have to pay on the day.

Big Joe:
I broke down 300metres from the Stoke Depot, I called Stoke and they said officially I had to ring MB24 hours as it was more than their knackers were worth to respond without officially being called out.
£130 callout charge just to send a van 300metres :unamused:

I found this to be of enormous benefit howevcer, as because the job has come from Merc 24 the dealer is obliged to fit you in, whereas if you just phoned up, they’d probably say “we’ll look at it next wednesday because we’re too busy”!