Breakdown Cover UK/Europe

Hi Guys,

Need some info on breakdown companies, but not the AA or RAC, so what companies are out there covering
the UK and Europe for Recovery/Tyres/Repairs etc either on annual agreement or Pay as you Go !!!

The type of vehicles which need to be covered are 17 ton rigid upto 40 ton Tractor units and trailers.

Best Regards

JJSL

Have you checked the manufacturers breakdown assistance ■■?

None of it is great, or in my view, similarly comprehensive as private car equivalents. Manufacturer assistance actually may not be any more of a bum ■■■■ than any other option for europe wide cover. You may need to open a credit account with your local dealer to be able to use it depending on the make so check that out before you need it.

I’ve got UK breakdown insurance, it’s about £300 per year, it was with National Breakdown last year, next year it’s going to be with the RAC. Not my decision, just what Towergate have decided to do.

I don’t think you can get breakdown insurance for mainland Europe, although I may be wrong.

National Breakdown do Euro cover don’t know about any of the other clubs though.

I used a German firm called DKV,they had an office in Bromley near London.
One call did it all.Prompt rescue or a mechanic.
Never had a problem with them.
They add a commision on the final bill.
They got me out of trouble many times.

Many thanks to everyone for the info, really helpful.

We mainly use the Dealer network, but we had a breakdown this week in Modena, Italy and Volvo now want
1500 pounds upfront before they do anything and there admin charges are to high, so we went into the Volvo
Dealer just off the Motorway at Modena Sud and they replaced no. 6 injector and also noticed that the fan belt
was not looking to good ■■ (I will have to have a word with our garage !!) they would not accept payment without
the cardholder, so we put the money into the drivers bank and he paid on his debit card, plus we sent a letter
head to them and they did not charge VAT.

The bill come to 785 euro’s, What a result !!!

So, I will now have a word with National Breakdown and the RAC plus what I really need is cover in Europe, so if
anyone as any more info, I would appreciate your input.

Best Regards

JJSL
Tony