Commercial breakdown cover

Hi gents & ladies

looking for a bit of advice.
I’m an new owner driver and after my first breakdown (it was always gonna happen) I am now looking at commercial breakdown cover.
I’ve been quoted between £150 & £300 depending on cover level.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice, is it worth it? - or do you just pay as you go like most of the other subbies I work with

Thanks in advance

IIRC, the RAC used to do commercial breakdown cover, paid monthly subscription whether used or not, no call out fees, no labour charges, just paid for any parts fitted

I thought the RAC did a "pay as you go " truck breakdown too

these do lanternrecovery.com/services/rha-rescue/

Denis F:

do you need to be a member of the RHA to use that service?

shuttlespanker:

Denis F:

do you need to be a member of the RHA to use that service?

no idea , I’m not using it :blush: I use an independant workshop who is a member of a couple of networks if I break down out of area

the RAC have a pay on use system racbusiness.co.uk/breakdown/ … ssistance/

as do the AA theaa.com/breakdown-cover/fl … or-use.jsp ( there seems to ba an admin fee )

shuttlespanker:
IIRC, the RAC used to do commercial breakdown cover, paid monthly subscription whether used or not, no call out fees, no labour charges, just paid for any parts fitted

I was with the RAC when I had my 112 back in '99. Had a clutch pipe go somewhere near High Wycombe one night. Managed to drive it without clutch onto nearest industrial estate & park up.
They were very good, attended quickly. Removed old pipe. Went to Scania Heathrow & got a new one. Came back & fitted it. All in my rest time.

Only negative one was that it took some persuading of the control centre between me & the fitter not to recover it.

I seem to remember there was a limit on usage. (and that’s why I didn’t want the recovery - that & disrupting my zzzzzzz).

Only thing I’d say to the OP, was I had of course included this breakdown cover in my original set up plans. :wink: