mercedes 814

Morning. I’ve got a 25 year old 814, that’s turned only 37k, kms.
It’s a lorry that I intend to restore and use from time to time.
I am looking to purchase breakdown cover but due to age of it, am finding it most difficult to source.
It must have recovery to home included. It will only be driven approximately 5k kms per year, once restored …any pointers please. I’ve done google search but am in need of advice please as to who is good in my situations.
Thanks

I think you can get a ‘pay if you use’ cover from the AA: they offer it to FTA members for sure.

If you’re intending to show it and not using it commercially, the HCVS (Historic Commercial Vehicle Society) insurance scheme includes full recovery.
Bernard

5km a year? You could push it home.

mucker85:
5km a year? You could push it home.

Whoops…5000 km …max, sorry good spot :smiley:

Most major breakdown clubs/organisations only offer pay as you use for commercials, the best thing to do is either sign up with one of these or use a private breakdown network company, such as millers, Egertons. They use other contractors around the country. Bearing in mind that you have a Mercedes 814 these 99% of the time can be fixed at the roadside, or at least made able to get themselves home.

Weigh it in. Scrap metal is priced well at the minute.

good motors in their time quite a lot of power for a 7.5 tonner

autohome classic vehicle rescue, 08000725336, back home or onward, 7 days no age limit, email, info@autohome.co.uk, I am not involved with them in any way just researching options as I run an atego to move my old Bedford about, and if it fails on a weekend the cost will run away like the dials on a fuel pump at the motorway services.

eagerbeaver:
Weigh it in. Scrap metal is priced well at the minute.

Nice quote , made me laugh