BP S/Stn, A34 nrth bound before M40

The above station is now displaying a sign along the lines of…

“Do not give free cups of coffee, even to lorry drivers, such action is THEFT and any staff doing so will be disciplined”

Nice. Although it also goes on to say that special circumstances may apply e.g. RTAs etc. “I crashed my truck into your diesel pump, can I have a free coffeee??”

With the amount of money that we spend on fuel at these places they should give us a free meal let alone a coffee! :smiling_imp:

penfold:
With the amount of money that we spend on fuel at these places they should give us a free meal let alone a coffee! :smiling_imp:

On that principle it’s Gordon Brown that should give you the coffee not the service station, as they only make about 1p a litre and he make most of the rest.

They don’t give much away over there do they :question:
Many is the time that I have pulled onto a service area on the Masspike solely to get a coffee (normal price $1.04), gone to the register and told “no charge tonight buddy”

If you go into a bar here with a group and you have decided to stay sober all night to drive the others home, hence drink cake all night, your entire nights supply will be one the house as you are designated driver :slight_smile:

I was double manned with an ex army guy tonight and he was telling me that the servuce stations have now stopped giving the British Army a discount .

It wont be long before they stop giving the coach drivers something for bringing in 50 odd people , nose cut spite and face off rings a bell there.