Free Coffee

Hi all.

Don’t know if this applies to any other MSA’s? But, I stopped at Strensham North (M5) and asked for a flask of boiling water and was told ‘for £2.15 drive, we can fill your flask, with fresh filter coffee and if you sit in here, you can have a mug aswell and keep filling it up’.

I took up the offer and have to admit, left there with a smile on my face, maybe consideration to the lorry driver is forthcoming at last?

Also applies at Strensham South.

Coffeeholic - if you ever stray this far, Paradise awaits you Neil :smiley:

John

Is £2.15 to fill a flask free? :confused:

For just over a fiver in France I can get a 5 course meal and wine :stuck_out_tongue:

For just over a fiver in France I can get a 5 course meal and wine

Good point,but you have to remember it’s nearly a couple of quid for a cup at an MSA anyhow.

Would pay you to go out and buy the biggest misters flask you can,and get it filled for £2.15 if this is what they’re going to do.

Ken.

My flask is a 2.5l one, they filled that and then I sat there for my 45 and had two further mugs.

I appreciate what you are saying Wheel Nut, but this is the UK :wink:

John

sounds good to me. i spend something like £30 on coffee alone during working hours. i need to find more burger vans to reduce that figure :open_mouth:

scanny77:
I spend something like £30 on coffee alone during working hours. :open_mouth:

I know what you mean and If it wasn’t true it’d be funny! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Tramper:

scanny77:
I spend something like £30 on coffee alone during working hours. :open_mouth:

I know what you mean and If it wasn’t true it’d be funny! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

just to make matters worse, most of it is too weak. winchester services do a good coffee but unfortunately, they decided to place themselves after j9 which is naff all good to anyone travelling up the A34. sutton scotney is commonly riddled with police and VOSA, plus the coffee is bogging. i dont stop at chieveley either. the next one i will top up at is cherwell valley :open_mouth:

cornish trucker:
Coffeeholic - if you ever stray this far…

Coffeeholic - if I ever stray that far…shoot me. :wink: :smiley:

scanny77:
sounds good to me. i spend something like £30 on coffee alone during working hours. i need to find more burger vans to reduce that figure :open_mouth:

you can buy a 24v coffee percelater ir even a little gas stove and boil up your own water for instant coffee mate, it will save you a lot of money

too much hassle mate. im a day driver with a different wagon each day. on tuesday, i did 14 hours double manned on a rigid, thursday, single manned in an artic. carrying excess equipment is too much grief. popping into a services is a chance to stretch my legs too. thats about the only exercise i do these days :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

cornish trucker:
Coffeeholic - if you ever stray this far…

Coffeeholic - if I ever stray that far… :smiley:

The yanks turned the GPS satelites off. :laughing: