bosses

if you had to fone the boss coz u were gonna be late for a delivery,and he started raving down the fone at you telling you that if you cant get it there in time to park up an get the bus home,how would you deal with it,i spoke back to him the same way he spoke to me then hung up on him,just wondered wot others would do.

Park up and get the bus home

i would park up and get the bus home .

but i was in spalding and it was 11 pm at night

Drive as close to home as you can, then get the bus home. And don’t tell the ■■■■ where you parked it, either!

they all have trackers in them so he knows where everybody is

What did YOU do :question:

Well park it in as awkward spot as you can - preferably in a clamping zone. Then smack him one - but that’s just my opinion :smiling_imp:

i decided to drive it up to livingston,but didnt have time to get back to our yard,so took 11 hours off then went back an surprise surprise he wasnt there wen i got there,am now on 2 days off,but will have words wen i go back

Park up somewhere suitably awkward, (after sorting yourself a way of getting home) then throw the keys in the nearest field or down the grid and clear off

Could do one of a few things

1. As he said, park up and get the bus home.
  2. Give him a load of verbal back then park up and get the bus home
  3. Just hang up, carry on with the job and hope he is just having a mad moment.

It all depends, is he a ■■■■ all of the time? How confident are you on getting a job elsewhere (bear in mind you may need a reference from him)

after i had stopped raving back at him,i hung up an kept going,am now deciding whether to try an get another job,he’s not like this all the time just sometimes,he has a habit of hanging up on you when you’re trying to explain things,and luckily you dont have to speak to him everyday

If they ever do it to me then I just hang up without saying anything and dont answer it for half hour or so afterwards.

Do it by the book, he gave you a lawful instruction to park up and get a bus home. You must therefore obey his instruction or you could be deemed to be driving without the owners consent.

If he didn’t mean it then tough, he should not have said it. He should have more respect for his employees.

Bosses are a sore point with me at the moment. :unamused:

well the way i look at it is,we are all human beings,and just because he pays the wages doesnt give him the right to speak to you like you’re a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■,and i always speak to people the way they speak to me,always have always will

How long have you worked for him and was this a bit out of character?
Bosses can have a bad day aswell.

I’ve worked for a couple of Bosses that had a rant down the phone when you phoned in a with a problem, but it was normally a reaction to yet another problem and forgotten about the next day.
The thing is they were actually good blokes to work for, despite the ranting, and after the rant they’d sort the problems out and if you were in the right they’d back you up.

However if they just an [zb] then it’s up to you whether you should start looking for a new job.

thats the thing,they are ok to work for,he just has his rant days like the rest of us,an seeing as how i only been back about 3 months(after getting my licence back)then cant really afford to start looking for another job especially at this time of the year

I managed 6 years with a ■■■■ of a boss. I’ve got a new job now, less money but ■■■■ me, such a better atmosphere and place to work. It made me realise even more starkly what a ■■■■ he really was and I’ve sworn I’ll not put up with another boss like him.
He lives in the same small town as me and if I drop on the ■■■■ I’ll kick ■■■■ out of him. I’m not an aggressive person normally but I harbour a genuine hatred for that piece of dirt.
If I was told to catch the bus back, depending on my mood, I’d do just that but if I needed the job (as you seem to), I would’ve done the delivery exactly as you did and just hope he was having an off day. He sounds like a ■■■■ to me though.

try helping your self to something