How would u go about this

ok so i get a phone call just before 3pm asking me to come in an hr earlier than normal ( 4pm ) id just got out of bed an live 12 mile from work but managed to get in first drop in goole then over to bardford for a pick up then down to fradley park to drop it after takin all breaks etc i get to fradley for 130am managed to drop and swap the trailer and im ready to head off for 2am i rings office to say im heading back they have ideas of sending me on another job after a chat he changes it to one a bit closer but it still i would have been pushing it to get it done in 15 an would have to have taken another break after informing the office the responce i got was this … JUST GO BACK TO THE YARD AND SHUT THE ■■■■ UP followed by a slammed phone
while i was happy to b going home i was fumming about being sworn at i dont swear at ppl an dont expect to b spoken too like that by anyone especially as i had done em a favour an still did a 13 hrs shift aside from smashing his face in what would u do im seriously considering putting a greavence and im not the type to go telling over ppl but this i feel was out of order
ps sorry its so long :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t like telling tales either so I would deal with this myself, if I could… If you know the guy, approach him and ask for a quiet word, away from everyone else so he’s not made to look stupid in front of others. If that doesn’t work, make him look stupid in front of others but make sure you get your facts right and don’t swear at him, especially in front of witnesses. If that doesn’t work, put in a grievance.

Other than all that, you could rise above it, put it down to experience, assume he had a bad day - as we all get from time to time - and carry on regardless. If he normally speaks to you well and appropriately, give him a break but the next time you speak to him, mention it but don’t make a big deal out of it…

All of that depends on what he’s like as a person. If he’s a prick, tell him he’s a prick… :smiley: :smiley:

Just my opinion, obviously… :wink:

Just rip the ■■■■■■■ head off, it is the only “language” someone like him will understand, doubt he will be so rude again…If you don’t think you could do that, then sometimes revenge is a dish best served cold…surprise him!

truckerspal:
Just rip the [zb] head off, it is the only “language” someone like him will understand, doubt he will be so rude again…If you don’t think you could do that, then sometimes revenge is a dish best served cold…surprise him!

Ripped many heads off lately? :unamused:

Yes

The park-keepers near you will be gutted then!

No, in MY garden

Piston broke:
I don’t like telling tales either so I would deal with this myself, if I could… If you know the guy, approach him and ask for a quiet word, away from everyone else so he’s not made to look stupid in front of others. If that doesn’t work, make him look stupid in front of others but make sure you get your facts right and don’t swear at him, especially in front of witnesses. If that doesn’t work, put in a grievance.

Other than all that, you could rise above it, put it down to experience, assume he had a bad day - as we all get from time to time - and carry on regardless. If he normally speaks to you well and appropriately, give him a break but the next time you speak to him, mention it but don’t make a big deal out of it…

All of that depends on what he’s like as a person. If he’s a prick, tell him he’s a prick… :smiley: :smiley:

Just my opinion, obviously… :wink:

nice advice pal next time i see him im gonna have a word n tell him i dont like bein spoken to in that way n would thank him in future that im a grown man and wont stand for it plus all phone calls are recorded so if i remind him of this im sure he will think on its more about the fact that for me 12/13 hr day is enough for me the extra 2 hrs are for being held up etc but he seems to think he can plan me whatever he feels :unamused: and i strongly beg to differ cheers pal :smiley:

Piston broke:
approach him and ask for a quiet word, away from everyone else so he’s not made to look stupid in front of others:

That wouldn,t be the reason I would get the little sh on his own…No witnesses. :wink: :wink: I hate knobs like that :smiling_imp: , he wouldn,t talk to you like that if he met you in a pub or somewhere, so why does he think that it,s acceptable for him to talk to you like that at work.

they ask you to do them a favour by coming in early,presumably to get them out of the mire then they treat you like dung.
you know what to do next time…or you could just rip his head off :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
That wouldn,t be the reason I would get the little sh on his own…No witnesses. :wink: :wink: I hate knobs like that :smiling_imp: , he wouldn,t talk to you like that if he met you in a pub or somewhere, so why does he think that it,s acceptable for him to talk to you like that at work.

I do understand where you are coming from but why sink to his level…or lower? Better to embarrass him in front of others than beat him with a big stick - bruises will heal but he won’t forget a verbal bashing in a hurry… :wink:

You could just act like an adult and forget about it. Just because you came into work an hour early doesn’t mean they have to bow down to you, but on the other hand it still doesn’t give him the right to be rude. He was probably having a bad day, move on and if it turns in to a regular then maybe think about going to the next person above him.

Love all this testosterone fuelled revenge. :unamused:

I think Piston Broke has given you all the advice you need.

We all have bad days, I’ve had a rant at people who’ve been under my supervision in the past. After I’ve calmed down a bit I’ve realised I was probably out of order, so I’ve gone and apologised to them. It clears the air and improves the working atmosphere.
When one of them had decided to come and “rip my head off” all it has lead to is an almost impossible situation where somebody has to leave.

Piston broke:

robroy:

I do understand where you are coming from but why sink to his level…or lower? Better to embarrass him in front of others than beat him with a big stick bruises will heal but he won’t forget a verbal bashing in a hurry… :wink:
[/quote]
You are obviously a more tolerant and patient man than me, nothing wrong with that, and I respect and admire you for it, but this “you are just a driver so I will talk to you as I please” attitude, which I come across more frequently these days, brings out the worst in me personally :imp: , it maybe is testosterone fuelled as the other guy suggested, I look upon it as displaying the fact that even though I am" just a driver" I am also socially equal…but apart from that he also wouldn,t forget a couple of missing teeth in a hurry either :laughing: Christ! the testosterone has kicked in again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cliffton 27:
ok so i get a phone call just before 3pm asking me to come in an hr earlier than normal ( 4pm ) id just got out of bed an live 12 mile from work but managed to get in first drop in goole then over to bardford for a pick up then down to fradley park to drop it after takin all breaks etc i get to fradley for 130am managed to drop and swap the trailer and im ready to head off for 2am i rings office to say im heading back they have ideas of sending me on another job after a chat he changes it to one a bit closer but it still i would have been pushing it to get it done in 15 an would have to have taken another break after informing the office the responce i got was this … JUST GO BACK TO THE YARD AND SHUT THE [zb] UP followed by a slammed phone
while i was happy to b going home i was fumming about being sworn at i dont swear at ppl an dont expect to b spoken too like that by anyone especially as i had done em a favour an still did a 13 hrs shift aside from smashing his face in what would u do im seriously considering putting a greavence and im not the type to go telling over ppl but this i feel was out of order
ps sorry its so long :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Your Appleton based aren’t you cliffton? Days or Nights? Sounds like you won the phone argument by your OP! One lesson that planner will now learn is that you are not to be messed with! :wink:
Do you know his name? I was planned out of there for quite a while and still am on a Friday night! :unamused:
I might know the Numbty and I’ll make a point of winding the ■■■■ up! :grimacing:

robroy:

Piston broke:

robroy:

I do understand where you are coming from but why sink to his level…or lower? Better to embarrass him in front of others than beat him with a big stick bruises will heal but he won’t forget a verbal bashing in a hurry… :wink:
[/quote]
You are obviously a more tolerant and patient man than me, nothing wrong with that, and I respect and admire you for it, but this “you are just a driver so I will talk to you as I please” attitude, which I come across more frequently these days, brings out the worst in me personally :imp: , it maybe is testosterone fuelled as the other guy suggested, I look upon it as displaying the fact that even though I am" just a driver" I am also socially equal…but apart from that he also wouldn,t forget a couple of missing teeth in a hurry either :laughing: Christ! the testosterone has kicked in again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Robroy I do understand where you’re coming from, I think there is an attitude about “he’s only just a driver” but this isn’t helped by many drivers attitude. Bit of a vicious circle really. But I was giving this bloke the benefit of the doubt, he may not be like that normally and give him a chance to prove it was just a bad day and was man enough to apologise.

I’m also talking as someone who’s lost a job because I took a bit of “Testosterone fuelled direct action” :blush: :laughing:

dessy:

cliffton 27:

Your Appleton based aren’t you cliffton? Days or Nights? Sounds like you won the phone argument by your OP! One lesson that planner will now learn is that you are not to be messed with! :wink:
Do you know his name? I was planned out of there for quite a while and still am on a Friday night! :unamused:
I might know the Numbty and I’ll make a point of winding the ■■■■ up! :grimacing:

Oh no it isn,t those who dress in green is it :open_mouth: :unamused: Here comes another 3 pages :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“robroy” You are obviously a more tolerant and patient man than me, nothing wrong with that, and I respect and admire you for it, but this “you are just a driver so I will talk to you as I please” attitude, which I come across more frequently these days, brings out the worst in me personally :imp: , it maybe is testosterone fuelled as the other guy suggested, I look upon it as displaying the fact that even though I am" just a driver" I am also socially equal…but apart from that he also wouldn,t forget a couple of missing teeth in a hurry either :laughing: Christ! the testosterone has kicked in again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]
I’m sure I would respect you a helluva lot too, just before you removed a couple of teeth from my ugly mug… :smiley: :smiley:

We are all equal, no doubt about it. The trouble is that some ■■■■■ think they are more equal than others just because someone has put a pip on their shoulder and a stripe on their arm. So long as they think they’re important, thats fine… :wink:

Don’t get me wrong, I won’t put up with being spoken too like I’m something they’ve trodden in but I prefer to quietly belittle them because the end result is longer lasting… But, hey, each to their own :wink: :smiley:

Back to my knitting now… :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

dessy:

cliffton 27:

Oh no it isn,t those who dress in green is it :open_mouth: :unamused: Here comes another 3 pages :laughing: :laughing:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

muckles:
Robroy I do understand where you’re coming from, I think there is an attitude about “he’s only just a driver” but this isn’t helped by many drivers attitude. Bit of a vicious circle really. But I was giving this bloke the benefit of the doubt, he may not be like that normally and give him a chance to prove it was just a bad day and was man enough to apologise.
I’m also talking as someone who’s lost a job because I took a bit of “Testosterone fuelled direct action” :blush: :laughing:

Yeh point taken mate :wink: