How would u go about this

the big bald planner from appleton looks like he could be a bit of a handful,but he`s past his prime i reckon,so get stuck in

dessy:

cliffton 27:
ok so i get a phone call just before 3pm asking me to come in an hr earlier than normal ( 4pm ) id just got out of bed an live 12 mile from work but managed to get in first drop in goole then over to bardford for a pick up then down to fradley park to drop it after takin all breaks etc i get to fradley for 130am managed to drop and swap the trailer and im ready to head off for 2am i rings office to say im heading back they have ideas of sending me on another job after a chat he changes it to one a bit closer but it still i would have been pushing it to get it done in 15 an would have to have taken another break after informing the office the responce i got was this … JUST GO BACK TO THE YARD AND SHUT THE [zb] UP followed by a slammed phone
while i was happy to b going home i was fumming about being sworn at i dont swear at ppl an dont expect to b spoken too like that by anyone especially as i had done em a favour an still did a 13 hrs shift aside from smashing his face in what would u do im seriously considering putting a greavence and im not the type to go telling over ppl but this i feel was out of order
ps sorry its so long :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Your Appleton based aren’t you cliffton? Days or Nights? Sounds like you won the phone argument by your OP! One lesson that planner will now learn is that you are not to be messed with! :wink:
Do you know his name? I was planned out of there for quite a while and still am on a Friday night! :unamused:
I might know the Numbty and I’ll make a point of winding the ■■■■ up! :grimacing:

no mate im trafford park planned out of stoke im not naming names as i dont think it will do any good :wink: :wink:

Saaamon:
You could just act like an adult and forget about it. Just because you came into work an hour early doesn’t mean they have to bow down to you, but on the other hand it still doesn’t give him the right to be rude. He was probably having a bad day, move on and if it turns in to a regular then maybe think about going to the next person above him.

i am an adult i dont expect people to bow to me i do however believe that one good turn deserves another an as i already said i still did a 12.5 hr day so its not like i takin the ■■■■ by wanting to go home mega early i wanted to get home so i could get a decent sleep in for the following night

im sorry clifton but i get sick and tired of drivers not wanting to do this,that or anything to be honest,youre paid to work :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,the job is not/or never has been 9-5 even though alot seem to think it is,ive always said the same thing to ex,s,g.f,daughter,ILL SEE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU,how can you be tired,you sleep for 3/4/5 + hours in the day while your waiting for a collection,i mean i struggle to sleep some nights as ive had my share of kip in daytime.
as for swearing at you,mine dont swear at me to be honest,but then they know as long as its legal i do it,but they always say thanks mate,owe you one, i find its best to turn up,do job,keep quite and go home,anything for a quite life

I can’t see why you have to come on here and bleat like a child about how a planner spoke to you because you wanted an early finish.

Transport is a working week that is governed by driving hours per fortnight and duty time every week, the shift length available is either a maximum of 13 or obviously 15.

If you don’t like working to these rules perhaps you should seek an alternative career.

This thread is just another good reason not to watch that rubbish Hollywood comes to Carlisle programme on the telly.

It’s a wonder that Stobbies make any money if they have a canteen full of numpties that are portrayed on it.

I see the last 2 posters are model drivers for any company, So you just bend over and take it up the ■■■ if it keeps your boss happy do you. The OP stated that he had done a 13 hr shift, is that not long enough. Why should he be spoken too like that after doing a full days work. I know i would’nt like it & i bet you two would’nt either

Grahamy:
bend over and take it up the ■■■

If it pays the bills.

Theres no question of the op not working long enough or wanting to finish early. But the last thing you want to do is get a name for youself or been seen as a hot head. I’ve seen people fly off the handle, swearing, refusing to take loads out and its just not the way to do it.

i personally would shove the [zb] phone where the sun dont shine just for him thinking he has any right to behave in such a way, as for the posters who wouldn’t being spoken to or treated like that surely you must have some self respect not to take [zb] like that?? Personally i’d say a 13hr night shift is long enough days aren’t so bad at 15hrs.

steve07:
i personally would shove the [zb] phone where the sun dont shine just for him thinking he has any right to behave in such a way, as for the posters who wouldn’t being spoken to or treated like that surely you must have some self respect not to take [zb] like that?? Personally i’d say a 13hr night shift is long enough days aren’t so bad at 15hrs.

Driver says to planner, “Dont you zbing ever speak to me like that again you zb”.
Govner says to driver, “I’ll post your p45 next week”.

Remind him if he ever speaks to you like dirt and swears down the phone at you again there will be a greivance on its way,
If he doesnt understand then just shake hands with his windpipe until fully educated :grimacing:

Its situations like this that working to rule was invented for. No more 56MPH on dual carriageways or 50MPH on SC A roads. Stick to the speed limits religiously. No tipping/loading or doing anything remotely work related on break.

Best part about it is there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

Conor:
Its situations like this that working to rule was invented for. No more 56MPH on dual carriageways or 50MPH on SC A roads. Stick to the speed limits religiously. No tipping/loading or doing anything remotely work related on break.

Best part about it is there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

its no wonder bosses employ poles,a simple request to do something turns into LETS ALL WORK TO RULE :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,ffs the jobs a zb doddle connor,your not having your ■■■ whipped 24/7,your either sat on your ■■■,or fast asleep in the bunk

■■■■■■■■ to 15 hr nights
report his bullying attitude
its your duty

ady1:
im sorry clifton but i get sick and tired of drivers not wanting to do this,that or anything to be honest,youre paid to work :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,the job is not/or never has been 9-5 even though alot seem to think it is,ive always said the same thing to ex,s,g.f,daughter,ILL SEE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU,how can you be tired,you sleep for 3/4/5 + hours in the day while your waiting for a collection,i mean i struggle to sleep some nights as ive had my share of kip in daytime.
as for swearing at you,mine dont swear at me to be honest,but then they know as long as its legal i do it,but they always say thanks mate,owe you one, i find its best to turn up,do job,keep quite and go home,anything for a quite life

there u go from my op i states that id have been pushing to get it done in 15 if the last drop they wanted me to go on had no empty trailers i would have ran out of time n in as the office did not know if there was any emptys they are technicly planing me out of time which last time a checked was not allowed as for sleeping on the bunk not often i get to sleep when bein tipped its either live tip / load or hand your keys in an sit on some god awful steel chair for 3 hrs

MrReliable:
I can’t see why you have to come on here and bleat like a child about how a planner spoke to you because you wanted an early finish.

Transport is a working week that is governed by driving hours per fortnight and duty time every week, the shift length available is either a maximum of 13 or obviously 15.

If you don’t like working to these rules perhaps you should seek an alternative career.

This thread is just another good reason not to watch that rubbish Hollywood comes to Carlisle programme on the telly.

It’s a wonder that Stobbies make any money if they have a canteen full of numpties that are portrayed on it.

im asking a honest question i aint bleating im a hard worker an just crack on but just because the law states what u can do dont mean u should have to do it an at the end of my week i still had 60 hrs in im sorry ul prob disagree with me on this too but thats a long enough week for me

I know its easier said than done but I would tidy up your statement:
stressing that you had shown commitment by coming in early
That you had ditfully carried out your planners original instructions
that you felt that the changed plan was unreasonable possibly illegal
that you felt the planner had behaved in an abusive and unprofessional manner
Send the lettter to
Personnel director
The Traffic Manager whose name is on the operators licence
The managing director

and, of course keep a copy for your solicitor/union in case you are victimised for blowing the whistle.
This isn’t “telling tales” it is acting as a proffesional

Euro:
I know its easier said than done but I would tidy up your statement:
stressing that you had shown commitment by coming in early
That you had ditfully carried out your planners original instructions
that you felt that the changed plan was unreasonable possibly illegal
that you felt the planner had behaved in an abusive and unprofessional manner
Send the lettter to
Personnel director
The Traffic Manager whose name is on the operators licence
The managing director

and, of course keep a copy for your solicitor/union in case you are victimised for blowing the whistle.
This isn’t “telling tales” it is acting as a proffesional

i dont think it will go that far after chatting to a few of our lads they seem to think he must have been having a bad day as he is not normally like that it will prob get brushed under the carpet and nothing more said which as long as it dont happen again im happy with id rather sort it out 1 on 1 than go running upstairs n telling the bosses whaen i say 1 on 1 i mean wear i speak he listens and visa versa

It’s YES men like Baby1 that are the cause of all this, doing their 100 hour weeks and happy to constantly bend over and be shafted by whatever the office chumps want, ■■■■ the poor wife and kids off, job’s more important. :unamused: It’d be him that’ll be posting on here in the future about ■■■■■■ his life is because his wife has left him and taken the kids as well. Thick as ■■■■ some people. :unamused:

You stick to your guns cliff. Say no more about it unless he brings it up or there’s a repeat performance. We all have our bad days when it seems the entire ■■■■■■■ world is against you, maybe that’s what the guy was going through. Still no use to launch into you, especially as he hasn’t been man enough to apologise for it afterwards, but I say let it go this time and just hope it doesn’t happen again.

I’ve walked off a few jobs for TMs trying to take the ■■■■ and don’t regret doing it. Some on here take the ■■■■ out of me for going through so many jobs but ■■■■ them, I won’t be walked all over. I walked off the job at Archbold’s when Higginbottom sent me down the road for 3 overnights without any night out gear. Put up with it first 2 nights (very reluctantly - was in middle of London in the height of summer) but then he went and planned me a 3rd one as well, despite promising me time and time again that he had a load back north for me for the past 2 days. He thought I was bluffing when I said I’d be coming back bobtail from Southend to Leeds. He got a shock next morning when he saw me in the yard…

Similar thing happened with Bedford’s as well. Long story short, they expected me to break the law and do an 18 hour day. Then a few days later they expected me to drive from Leeds to Sheffield grossing 48 tonne and Dave ™ didn’t see what the problem was as “you’re only going down the road”! That was the last time I worked for them.

This one is so simple, you do as you are asked, you do the extra collection, you get close to home, somewhere like Woodside and have a paid “night out” your missus can pick you up, but they cannot :laughing:

If you want to be nice, you could drop the trailer in Woodside :stuck_out_tongue:

But you can only do that, if you are 100% sure the job cannot be done within your duty time, which in many cases it can with time to spare.

If you want any advice on Tesco send Conor a message :laughing: He talked himself out of a good job too.

However I do agree with this piece from Rob K

You stick to your guns cliff. Say no more about it unless he brings it up or there’s a repeat performance. We all have our bad days when it seems the entire [zb] world is against you, maybe that’s what the guy was going through. Still no use to launch into you, especially as he hasn’t been man enough to apologise for it afterwards, but I say let it go this time and just hope it doesn’t happen again.

Grahamy:
I see the last 2 posters are model drivers for any company, So you just bend over and take it up the ■■■ if it keeps your boss happy do you. The OP stated that he had done a 13 hr shift, is that not long enough. Why should he be spoken too like that after doing a full days work. I know i would’nt like it & i bet you two would’nt either

He shouldn’t have been spoken to like that, nor should he turn round, name him, or rip his head off. I bet his contract doesn’t limit his shift to 13 hours. I reckon it will say something along the lines of, "your operating base is somewhere, your hours of work are, Due to operational difficulties, it may be necessary to ask you to deviate from these times, etc.

Ideally when he took the phone call at 3pm he could have explained that he would be happy to come in at 4 but had to be home before 5am as the missus needs the car or the rabbit needs feeding.