bosses

i once got told if you dont make the delivery just park up and dont bother coming back ever. the gaffers attitude was ■■■■■ towards his drivers and this had been going on for 2 years and i had about all i could take of him.
so i phoned our lass and told her the score and arranged for her to come and pick me up.
the depot was in stockton.
the delivery was going to carlisle.
where did i park up…

hamilton services. :laughing:
get your own truck back to the depot ■■■■■■. :laughing: :laughing:

i no a guy who had words with his boss few years ago,alone the same lines as this thread,but worse i think,so he parked up in a nice quiet spot through the keys and then turned the fridge off, and went home,from what he was told the contents were in a bad state once truck was found,lol,

Only one thing to do in that situation, park it up, leave the keys and any other company stuff such as fuel cards in it for him, and go home, not necessarily by bus. I wouldn’t have needed telling twice, as soon as he said those words the phone call would have ended.

How many of you would genuinely abandon the truck though? :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: I had it with one, so he got the “your load of frozen is parked where only I know. I’m coming to the yard unit only, I want what you owe me in cash and I’ll tell you where the trailer is which by the way is running at plus 22 so best be quick.”

He refused to pay calling my bluff, so I jumped in my car and went home, where all my gear already was. :wink: Cost me one lot of trip money but him a whole lot more, as I gave the fuel cards and pin numbers to some members of the caravan dwelling community who were trailing Lymm truckstop for “a bit of diesel to get to the nearest Esso station” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well worth it :sunglasses:

Drove for a dope & left his truck in a transport caff carpark way up near Newcastle on the A1 years ago before motorways .Had multiple probs with a ■■■■■■■ in a ERF & he expected me to fix it.Hitched home back to east angular.First lift; Transport caff to Ipswich.Never saw ballbrain again! Carters, for all the local lads.If anything went wrong,it went wrong on that firm.Day & night cowboys & no back-up from the boss.

From reading all this, I must work for the best bosses in the world.

They never rant, never threaten,and accept that the drop will be done as soon
as possible within the law.
It’s seldom our [drivers] fault anyway if a load is late. It’s normally either delays in loading,traffic,
or a scheduling problem from the office in the first place!

Anyway, they’re always in contact with the customer,so we seldom get blamed at the tip.

I head that situation once (but not with the boss who usually deals with drivers). I asked him if he want this stuff to be finally delivered or not. He said yes. I said to him “so you should not speak to me like that”. He said “no, it’s you who won’t speak to me like that”. I said “Ah, I see, obviously you DON’T want that stuff to be delivered then”. He went so angry that he lost his voice and some minor boss took the phone of him and said “please, orys, just go there as soon as you can”.

Then I rised that question with one of the company owners and he apologized and promised that it will never happen again, and so far it has never happened again :wink:

206doorman:
From reading all this, I must work for the best bosses in the world.

They never rant, never threaten,and accept that the drop will be done as soon
as possible within the law.
It’s seldom our [drivers] fault anyway if a load is late. It’s normally either delays in loading,traffic,
or a scheduling problem from the office in the first place!

Anyway, they’re always in contact with the customer,so we seldom get blamed at the tip.

Very similar to mine.

bobbert, you dont drive for a tanker company do you by any chance?

its sometimes the point of collections fault,langdons bridgwater the worst with us at the mo,last collection i done,we go in drop trailer and park up,tell them how long you having off,then collect trailer at a time you can get to delivery point in time for,but last time i done this,told them having 9 off,starting at 8 pm,bridgwater to livingston is 9 an a quarter with a 45 on the way up,so what time would you expect load to be booked in for? 10 points for the closest+/- 10 mins,lol

nope fridge work most of the time

bigvern1:

In that situation I would without a second thought. He says that to me and I’m gone. I’ve done similar things with jobs in the past, no job is worth putting up with crap like that.

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:

In that situation I would without a second thought. He says that to me and I’m gone. I’ve done similar things with jobs in the past, no job is worth putting up with crap like that.

I did that once about 10 years ago when I was driving van in Poland. I was supposed to leave early in the morning, but the stuff wasn’t ready till 10 am, yet they wanted me to be in Szczecin Port at 15:00. I tried my best but failed to make it. The bosses told me “in that case we will pay you only for half of the work”. I answered “In that case, half of the work is done, van is parked there and there, keys are under the passenger seat” and hitchhiked home. She went ballistic when she found out that I wasn’t joking and she told me “I will find someone who will drive for us for half of you were taking”. I told her “good luck”.

Boss (her husband) came to me later to apoligize with a bottle of drink, and asked me to come back and rised my salary. He blamed her PMS for everything :stuck_out_tongue:

Incidentally we are very good friends now :wink:

Brilliant thread :laughing:

I have worked for similar types, i can recall taking a detour due to roadworks and tailbacks due to what was an accident, load got there late,was a tight call without any hold ups (bad planning) anyhow the boss man started having a bit of a go, asking why i was late, and why i had diverted onto A & B roads , told him i thought i would save time, then i got we don’t pay ya to think, we do the thinking you just do the driving,basically blaming me for the lack of skills in planning
lol ( what a ■■■■■■)
So several weeks later i encounter a similar situation not hard really on out motorway networks, been stuck in a que stop /start under 5kmh, for around 45mins, past an exit where i could of gone around it, but i thought (zb) em, phone goes where are you… after i told them the situation, they asked why i didn’t try and avoid it, i said do don’t pay me to think remember , the phone went down ,lol, never got spoken too in that way again , so i think they got the hint

I worked for a schizo foreign boss once when times were hard. On the second day he started ranting at me & normally I jack-in but I thought why should I have all the probs of looking for a new job. The solution I came to was to fine him every time he lost his temper.It was cash diesel-every time he opened his big mouth it was a 5 pack of tabac fine. If he really went to town it was 5 pack & a bottle of cognac.It went on for nearly a year & he just kept on paying until one day in the office he caught a German driver fiddling & he complained that the driver filled up too many times on the way to GB.So he compared the fill-ups with mine & they were identical & it suddenly dawned on him that he was sharing the profits. End of the month me & the German guy were set free! :laughing:

bobbert_bear:
thats the thing,they are ok to work for,he just has his rant days like the rest of us,an seeing as how i only been back about 3 months(after getting my licence back)then cant really afford to start looking for another job especially at this time of the year

Beggars can’t be choosers… :stuck_out_tongue:

bobbert_bear:
if you had to fone the boss coz u were gonna be late for a delivery,and he started raving down the fone at you telling you that if you cant get it there in time to park up an get the bus home,how would you deal with it,i spoke back to him the same way he spoke to me then hung up on him,just wondered wot others would do.

I have been in that situation

What I did was to hang up and then phone back 30 mins later and asked if he had calmed down - he had not so I hung up again

Another 10+ mins later he rang me and was calmer so an intelligent conversation ensued as to what the plan of action was to be

An amicable plan was agreed by me and the boss which actually ended in me having a paid night out in a motel as I only had a day cab - I got £20 in my pocket and all expenses paid

Sometimes you have to allow time for the other party to calm down before a resolution can be sorted

if someone starts ranting down the phone at you , turn it off :smiley: Cant here the throbbers then can you, and have a chuckle to your self :smiley: