Bosses lorry

My boss has asked me to drive his lorry next week as mine needs a bit of tlc at the garage,
The lorry I have been asked to drive has the nearside wide angle mirror missing and the kerbside mirror missing (been this way nearly 2 weeks!)

My question is… Would you drive it? :unamused:

No

Express Pete:
No

Me neither :laughing:
Im a bit worried about telling him tomorrow morning that I wont be drivng it until its roadworthy but at the end of the day its my responsibility and my licence,
Ohh the joys of being a driver :laughing:

Yes. Or i’d have told him to get it sorted before I turn up for work on Monday morning or I won’t be driving it, bit of warning like? Or told him i’ll start a couple of hours early and take it to the dealer and have them sort it?

just buy a mirror, and give him the bill. then tell him to make sure there’s a nice drink in it for you, for fitting the thing.
i never refuse to drive a truck. but i will always try to make some money out of a bad situation.

Silver_Surfer:
Yes. Or i’d have told him to get it sorted before I turn up for work on Monday morning or I won’t be driving it, bit of warning like? Or told him i’ll start a couple of hours early and take it to the dealer and have them sort it?

I dId think that :smiley:
He has no idea I know about the mirror and to be fair he may even shock me and get it fixed before tomorrow morning :open_mouth:
Im going to go in early anyway so like you say silver surfer if its not fixed ill say to him it needs sorting and ill take it to the garage.

The garage he uses is only about 7 miles from the yard so do you think it would be ok to drive this far?
It is a bit of a wind up cos like I say its been like it nearly 2 weeks now so the boss should have it fixed my now.

can’t you nick the mirror off your truck to fit on his? they can give you new ones while it is in the workshop then :bulb: :smiley:

depends on age and type think ridgids before 1988 dint need n/s wide angle or kirb mirrors, but i could be wrong.

ifit has had the missing mirrorrs for two years the truck must have gone through an mot and passed its test as is so should be legal

Defect it to cover your arse, and then drive it to the garage, and if you get stopped, you can show the defect and prove that you are on your way to rectify the situation.

Ken.