A Bit Sad

Well I’m gutted! Just been told by a fellow driver that he’s banned me from driving his lorry when he’s off as my lorfy isn’t kept as clean as his. Ruined my week this has so any words of comfort before I contemplate calling the Samaritans??

well that might teach you to keep op trucks clean in future it doesn’t take long to pick up youre rubbish and have a quick wipe around with a rag/duster

Your lucky mate been on holiday for a week and one of the drivers has just text me to tell me everyman and his dogs been in my truck.As im the only one of two drivers that dont smoke i can only guess at the smell as its only 6 months old and never been smoked in.The worst part of the text was its also been booked in the bodyshop :frowning:

Nathan, is he the gaffer or yet another prima donna.

First has the right to allocate as he chooses, second should be ignored then watch him stamp his little feet.

Juddian:

First has the right to allocate as he chooses, second should be ignored then watch him stamp his little feet.

Certainly not the gaffer! Just been told lorry allocation has ■■■■ all to do with him and if I’m brokedown and his is the only one available, I’ll be expected to drive it.
It’s really upset me, I’m off my food and if I had a dog at home I’d kick it tonight. Surely a forum for drivers can sympathize■■?
:laughing:

NathanB:

Juddian:

Certainly not the gaffer! Just been told lorry allocation has [zb] all to do with him and if I’m brokedown and his is the only one available, I’ll be expected to drive it.
It’s really upset me, I’m off my food and if I had a dog at home I’d kick it tonight. Surely a forum for drivers can sympathize■■?
:laughing:

I do sympathise mate as long as you drop the Yank stuff!

Yawn yawn, yet another dig at drivers who look after their lorries

I don’t go mad with cleaning driving a tipper you would be mad trying to keep it mint but I do like to throw a rag round the place when I stop. I can’t see how anyone would want to sit in squalor but plenty of drivers do.

When I see the state of some cabs, I have to wonder what their home is like :unamused:

kr79:
I don’t go mad with cleaning driving a tipper you would be mad trying to keep it mint but I do like to throw a rag round the place when I stop. I can’t see how anyone would want to sit in squalor but plenty of drivers do.

How I treat mine; We are given that silicone spray that smells of fruit but I prefer just a rag as the dust justs clings to it. Said driver a bit cab happy…

lol…try loading in a sand quarry in manitoba when the winds blowing at 40km for days on end …the sand gets everywhere even wi the doors /windows shut.
anyway if i had time to clean out the sandcastles/dunes on cab floor …i would be expected by managment to spend the time adjusting/pulling up trailor brakes or greasing outfit. :unamused:
500+mls a day ,3loads aday 14hr shift …last thing on my mind is polish up the truck…
my job is drive the truck haul 100tns ish a day make the company a profit!
inside is tidy apart from the dust …
if anyone said to the company dont let so so drive because he doesnt lick the dash clean everyday ,they would laugh in his face…
jimmy

i had this while i was workin for the green death on the agency one sat mornin.was waitin for a wagon to come in as there were no units left in the yard that mornin…the one of the stobie drivers turn up in to the traffic office to debrief and the clerk says,this drivers using your vehicle today…the elf looks up and down at me and replys “no dirty agency drivers using my vehicle,its my vehicle and thats that”…i think he was the no1 driver at that depot and the clerk ■■■■ himself…i also replied back sayin im a daydriver and ive had a shower this morning unlike some green elf tramper who stinks to high heaven of BO & pi55,…so i went home and got paid my 8hrs minimum…

Some peeps need to learn to respect other peeps property.Even if it isnt your wagon,you only drive it,its your gear in it.Some dirty arrisholes havnt got any respect,they are selfish gits. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

BIGRIG:
Some peeps need to learn to respect other peeps property.Even if it isnt your wagon,you only drive it,its your gear in it.Some dirty arrisholes havnt got any respect,they are selfish gits. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

To an extent, yes but how far do you go? Should I wash and polish wagon after hours and at weekends for no money? I prefer to do it when it’s the alternative to clocking off early.

NathanB:
Well I’m gutted! Just been told by a fellow driver that he’s banned me from driving his lorry when he’s off as my lorfy isn’t kept as clean as his. Ruined my week this has so any words of comfort before I contemplate calling the Samaritans??

cant comment on your case as not seen what your truck/his is like,but i will say that it does annoy me the way alot of drivers leave our trucks, i spend at least 1/2 hour each day polishing ,cleaning the truck ive got that day,i understand lots of drivers dont want to,wont polish the truck they have that day,but that doesnt excuse not picking your rubbish up and placing it in a bin[theres loads in our yard],to leave bannana skins,apple cores,half eaten sarnies,coffe cups for the next driver takes the ■■■■,i have refused and will refuse again if its left like that,i wont clear up after others,.
the state of some of ours considering there 11 plates is beyond belief,if i was the bloke who orderd,paid for our trucks,id get a load of old erf,s,fodens and say youve made your bed now lie in it

I had another bloke’s lorry once, for two weeks whilst he was on holiday. I was nice and clean so I kept it that way. If it was a dump, I’d have left it the same way.

I have the same policy with public toilets :laughing: :laughing:

PS I even left him one of my packet of three because I smoke and he doesn’t.

Packet of three air fresheners, you pervs :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:

NathanB:

cant comment on your case as not seen what your truck/his is like,but i will say that it does annoy me the way alot of drivers leave our vans, i spend at least 1/2 hour each day polishing ,cleaning the van ive got that day,i understand lots of drivers dont want to,wont polish the truck they have that day,but that doesnt excuse not picking your rubbish up and placing it in a bin[theres loads in our yard],to leave bannana skins,apple cores,half eaten sarnies,coffe cups for the next driver takes the ■■■■,i have refused and will refuse again if its left like that,i wont clear up after others,.
the state of some of ours considering there 11 plates is beyond belief,if i was the bloke who orderd,paid for our vans,id get a load of old Leyland Sherpas/ Austin J4s and say youve made your bed now lie in it

Fixed it for ya :wink:

newmercman:

ady1:

NathanB:

cant comment on your case as not seen what your truck/his is like,but i will say that it does annoy me the way alot of drivers leave our vans, i spend at least 1/2 hour each day polishing ,cleaning the van ive got that day,i understand lots of drivers dont want to,wont polish the truck they have that day,but that doesnt excuse not picking your rubbish up and placing it in a bin[theres loads in our yard],to leave bannana skins,apple cores,half eaten sarnies,coffe cups for the next driver takes the ■■■■,i have refused and will refuse again if its left like that,i wont clear up after others,.
the state of some of ours considering there 11 plates is beyond belief,if i was the bloke who orderd,paid for our vans,id get a load of old Leyland Sherpas/ Austin J4s and say youve made your bed now lie in it

Fixed it for ya :wink:

ta :blush: :laughing:

Picking up cab litter is easy: I gather it up and throw it in the tipper. I once had a jazz mag left in my cab that had holes strategically placed which I threw in the tipper. Problem was I wasn’t on muck and actually had a load of sand for a concrete plant. Somewhere in Oxford there’s a building with a wink mag in the footings. I hope it was a mosque. :smiling_imp:

How many apple cores can you get in a stobart corgi truck ady1. And my son can polish his one in under 2 mins :wink: