A Bit Sad

well im now cab hoping so i know i can expect to have all manor of states of units to use the one i got for this week is pristine he has left his blower in it an little brushes i even noticed a little basket of cleaning kit in the side locker including some polish
when i give the motor back it will be as i found it it will be ran through the wash and be full of fuel i will however not be touching it with polish :laughing: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:
How many apple cores can you get in a stobart corgi truck ady1. And my son can polish his one in under 2 mins :wink:

your sons corgi truck or yours :wink:

ady1:

OVLOV JAY:
How many apple cores can you get in a stobart corgi truck ady1. And my son can polish his one in under 2 mins :wink:

your sons corgi truck or yours :wink:

Technically it’s mine as I got it from my mum when I passed my test for a joke. But he’s a chip off the old block, so he looks after other peoples trucks like they’re his own :wink:

the big un:
Your lucky mate been on holiday for a week and one of the drivers has just text me to tell me everyman and his dogs been in my truck.As im the only one of two drivers that dont smoke i can only guess at the smell as its only 6 months old and never been smoked in.The worst part of the text was its also been booked in the bodyshop :frowning:

Tell you whats sad mate accepting a text involving work when you are on holiday thats whats sad when i go on holiday i dont expext to hear about work and certainly would not be texting workmates about who has beeen driving another waggon.FFS get a life im not on about not keeping a clean and tidy workspace its the fact that when on holiday i couldnt give a flying ■■■■ about any aspect of work after all i spend about 45 weeks of the year at work.

Actually BigJ that ties in with OP that there are some out there who think they can dictate who drives a company owned lorry while they’re off. Sure my boss would pay me to sit in the yard, leave a lorry stood just because the regular driver is OCD about cleaning and then hire subbies in to do the work.

As i have said before im on the coaches just now .I used to think some lorry drivers had OCD you should see some coach drivers. Its nice to take pride in your lorry/van/coach but some drivers need to get a grip FFS. as you said these vehicles need to earn their keep if a drivers houskeeping is below an acceptable standard then its down to the managment to enforce thier standard. My company provide all cleaning materials cleaning tools ect so no excuse for a dirty vehicle We spend a lot of hours sitting in coach parks ect doing bugger all so the boss knows whos coach should be tip top.
In fact my coach is out with another driver today but i couldnt really give a toss who is driving. If its not earning then it wouldnt be in the fleet

I’ve just worked a a week continental for a firm in the South East. I was given a motor, about six years old. When I got in I noticed the smell, it was obvious that previous drivers breathe more smoke than oxygen, so bearing in mind that I would be living in the truck for a while, I siliconed the dash and febrezed all the fabrics. It was great, but by the time I moved out a week later, my bedding had absorbed all of the smell of stale smoke from the cab. Not nice…
Particularly if your driving coaches (and your not carrying destructive football supporters or ski-ing students), then you should be OCD about coach presentation.
Just my humble opinions.

It’s good that drivers take care and look after the cleanliness of their trucks. Many spend most of their working life in that tin can so clean is good. But it isn’t necessary to have the cab gleaming…it’s not as if it’s a show piece that some company want’s to use to make a housekeeping video in.
And hey! how many of you take your manky work-boots off before your enter your homes?

As to the OP…I’m certain the boss will have the last say as to who drives the truck, so no need to call Samaritans just yet. :smiley: