Bornholm leeds?

anyone know much about these?
speaking to an o/d at wednesbury yesterday who runs for em and from what he was saying, he’s earning some seriouse money!

This is their web page

bornholm.co.uk/

For Denholm i cant see the money being anything special

what they tell you paul and what they get is prob 2 diffrent things anyway

I worked on Bornholme Felixstowe around 98/99, the bloke who I worked for said it was a bit better than the other firm we pulled for which was Orchid, the Bornholme blokes on our firm was out all week. He’s (gaffer) passed away now so I cant ask, but I dont think its much different from most container firms, unless you have the eyelids cut off! :wink:

nobody is earning much on boxes at the moment there is too many o/d’s chasing to little work.

has there ever been much loot on boxes in the last 20 years i wonder? I remember it’d be about 92, i was in a ■■■■■■ and allways arguing with tarmac topblock and was ready to pull my motor off. Somebody said put it on russell davies, so i did, running out of the grain, one week was enough, the money I earned for seriously riding right at the edge of hours made the topblock rates look fantastic! A mate of mine was having nervous breakdowns running out of felix, needless to say i dropped the skelly off and picked me crane trailer back up!

i know what your saying mal, the grass is always greener and all that.
seems all the box firms work on the same basis, they have more than enough subbies on to cover any job but at the same time none of those subbies can ever get enough work to really make the job pay! just keeping my eyes open, in case the steel work should come to an end.
theres a fella who parks in the same yard as me who works for topblock at maltby, he’s got four wagons on and seems to do alright out of it.

I did a few loads out of Maltby when they first opened the plant. They asjlked one or two to go there and start the o-d scheme, what a god forsaken hole it was! :laughing: It wasnt a case of the grass being greener Paul at that time, it was tarmac bieng a load of ■■■■■ as they can be! We could only have one motor back then, and a mate of mine that stuck it out has recently got 4 fodens running out of hilton main, it’s a good rate, but you have to have new tackle. Overall though, it’s easier than being truly alone, but very restrictive.