Bit of help stobarts

hi i need a bit of help please , i am in stobarts on c1 later and i have only ever really driven c2 manual trucks so need some advice on how the auto box’s work and also just advice on stuff that might help me as i am more nervos than an ant next to an elephant ha ha

Hi Mate - If its Opitcruise in the Scania’s you select gear on the right hand stalk. You twist it forwards for drive and backwards for reverse.

Once selected put your foot on the clutch and the gear will engage. Pull away and you will not have to use the clutch again unless you come to a complete stop. You can do it the other way around too by pushing the clutch and then selecting gear but it makes no difference.

If its the Volvo with ishift this is fully automatic - Just select drive and off you go.

My advice would be always keep to the speed limits and just give them a good safe drive. If they want you to couple and un-couple ask them how they would like it done. Its a bit basic but aksing and getting it right is better than having loads of pride and not doing it “their way” and failing :wink:

Make sure you are really up to date with drivers hours and the WTD too - Good luck

al_P:
hi i need a bit of help please , i am in stobarts on c1 later and i have only ever really driven c2 manual trucks so need some advice on how the auto box’s work and also just advice on stuff that might help me as i am more nervos than an ant next to an elephant ha ha

You shouldn’t worry! short of breaking the unit into 2 pieces they won’t even notice at Appleton or Crick as most are Foxtroted :wink: by the Drivers/Agency anyway so it seems when i was last in those Depots :laughing:

Just take your time and don’t let the planners push you too haaarrrddd!!! :grimacing: