Bio Diesel Any Good Or Not?

Aye up lads and lasses just been offered the chance to buy and produce bio diesel i know there is no problem running cars but not sure how this converts to a 44t volvo fm12 does anybody have 1st hand experience at using bio or know someone who has all advice welcomed.cheers

i know most (if not all) of ocado (waitrose) units use bio diesel. i have no idea what it is like but i’m sure someone will know!

Weve got a couple of Volvo FM’s in our fleet and weve had no problems using the biofuel in them…wish the same could be said about the MAN’s in the fleet, seems like as soon as they see biofuel their fuel filters give up the ghost.

We have actually used the fuel drained off the MAN’s after they’ve brokedown to run the Volvo’s so you should be ok mate

I’ve seen a Daf running on Bio Diesel, owned by a local firm selling the stuff

always seemed to be foggy behind it :wink:

i once ran one of the scanias on BIO for around 7 weeks no probs in that time but it was getting nearly as expensiveas norm derv prices only thing i seemed to find was it used more BIO than normal derv, plus it was a pain in the arse always feeling hungry from the smell of aunt bessies yorkshire pudding smell, lol
the truck ran ok no problems while on it, and yes i just filled both tanks up with the stuff but guess i wasnt on it long enough to see if any probs would show up

This isn’t about running a truck on it, but think the info is still relevent:

Whilst there was a big price difference, ran my old work horse (9 yrs with me) Ford Sierra TDi Estate on it for a time. Weaned her on upto 100%. Changed filter as recommended by fuel supplier after 1000 miles. yuk, you should have seen it!

MPG dropped from 44mpg to 38 - 40 along with power reduction.

Starting (summer) was slightly worse (always been a good starter). 193,000 mls on the clock.

Supplier said he had a customer running an Actros on it, but i never chanced on a meeting with him.

NEVER PUT THAT CACK THROUGH A BIG ■■■■■■■■ THE END IS NIGH… :open_mouth:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: Don’t get me started on Bioiesel again, I’m only just recovering…
See - HERE -

But if you want more info of my own personal experience I will PM it to you. :wink:

don’t put it in anything common rail…they can barely stand the standard diesel.
anything running on old style fuel pumps(rotary/inline etc) seem to be ok,i’ve met people who run fh12’s,tga’s anything upto 100% but they ALL tell the same story…breakdown,breakdown,breakdown.
the whole idea is to save money…it’s no good saving pennies on litres of fuel and spending hundreds on breakdowns,recoveries,and engine repairs.
but running the right vehicles on the right mix may bring a reasonable benefit.

Funny how this thread has appeared as I was thinking about all the snake oil salemen who have come on here to advertise their new found wonder stuff. From magnets with no magnetic power to special fuel that had been tested in his dads Merc.

Where are they now? I apologise if they are laid on the beach in Bali or somewhere using pound notes as pillows :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite so.

I had been wondering what happened to Removalizer & his wonder-fuel.

Not been heard of since 17th July… about the time i sent him a PM.
If he doesn’t front up, i’ll post it.

r firm have been running on it for over a year now and the only problem we have is fuel filters block up more often than with normal fuel, also in the colder months u risk the chance of it freezing up like lard, when we 1st started using it i came into work on a frosty morning and the wagon wouldnt start up, althought i had filled it ip the night b4, the bio had frozen inside the tank so i had 400 litres of lard, we had to set up a fire next to the tank and thore it out an tilt the cab and get a heat gun to soften the pipes, the man who provides the bio says if its mixed with diesel in the colder months you shouldnt have a problem with it freezing !

that’s what i mean…saving £x on fuel to spend £y on having your filters replaced on corley bank,or loosing a days work while your system is unlcogged.
recently you wouldn’t believe the crap we’ve seen in peoples tanks.

volvo hand book says bio will shorten the life of the night heater. so when your froze you can go and boot the bio pump